Kamil Jozwiak - mid term assessment

SamUltraRam

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an argument to say he’s being played on the wrong side of the pitch? He wasn’t bad by any means last night but offered very little going forward. Against Birmingham I remember he looked quite effective on the right wing and created a couple of chances, even getting an assist. Even the goal he scored against Swansea was when he was coming in from the right side of the pitch. He’s more likely to beat his opponent if he’s on that side of the pitch I think because he can’t cut inside and run into trouble. Plus, he seemed to link up with Byrne when playing there against Watford, and it actually led to the own goal. Not sure why we’re so insistent on playing Waghorn on the right and Joz on the left because it makes us so negative in possession, they always end up cutting inside and playing the ball back to our defenders because there’s no space in the middle of the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Is there an argument to say he’s being played on the wrong side of the pitch? He wasn’t bad by any means last night but offered very little going forward. Against Birmingham I remember he looked quite effective on the right wing and created a couple of chances, even getting an assist. Even the goal he scored against Swansea was when he was coming in from the right side of the pitch. He’s more likely to beat his opponent if he’s on that side of the pitch I think because he can’t cut inside and run into trouble. Plus, he seemed to link up with Byrne when playing there against Watford, and it actually led to the own goal. Not sure why we’re so insistent on playing Waghorn on the right and Joz on the left because it makes us so negative in possession, they always end up cutting inside and playing the ball back to our defenders because there’s no space in the middle of the pitch. 

I am not sure our awful pitch suits him either...

1 hour ago, JarodyDCFC said:

He’s definitely better on the right, where the rapport with Byrne was immediate. 

His strength is movement off the ball and receiving it in tight spaces and turning the the defenders, especially since Bielik’s injury those passes haven’t been coming, with players opting for the easy sideways and backwards pass too often instead. 

confidence is low and perhaps the physical demands, this season especially of the championship are taking its toll. In my opinion we will see the best of Jozwiak next season.

I think we will see a big improvement next season for Jozwiak. Having only ever played in the Polish League it's a massive change to move to the Championship which is such a physically demanding league. Not to mention a new country, new language, new culture to all adapt to, and unfortunately these things take time.

With a proper summer to recover hopefully the pitch will be back to it's usual slick self next season too as that would definitely suit Jozwiak a lot better. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Looking through the recent comments am curious on what evidential basis do posters think he will be much improved next season as I can't see anything to lead me to draw that conclusion from historic performances?

A good Euros and we will sell him for an inflated profit 

2 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I said it in the matchday thread last night but that is now 1 goal and 2 assists in 28 appearances which is an awful return for such a big attacking investment.

It just isn't happening for him.

But all our attacking players have poor stats this season. (apart from maybe CKR)

29 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I think we will see a big improvement next season for Jozwiak. Having only ever played in the Polish League it's a massive change to move to the Championship which is such a physically demanding league. Not to mention a new country, new language, new culture to all adapt to, and unfortunately these things take time.

With a proper summer to recover hopefully the pitch will be back to it's usual slick self next season too as that would definitely suit Jozwiak a lot better. 

Plus coming from another country into lockdown, so hasn’t been able to visit family or they visit him - and his mate is no longer on the pitch with him.

Archived