Kamil Jozwiak - mid term assessment

SamUltraRam

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Make your mind up.

You start of by saying he won’t cut it at Derby (a bit early to be writing him off) then you say give him next season for a fresh crack at it.

Yes....on current showing he won't cut it. But I'm happy to let him have a chance to improve for next season. After that, if he's still under-performing then I don't know where he goes from there.

People are being incredibly harsh. Moved countries, first season in English football and he's having to play on our pitch for half his games. Someone with his play style, who relies on beating players and dribbling, our pitch takes that out of him. 

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

People are being incredibly harsh. Moved countries, first season in English football and he's having to play on our pitch for half his games. Someone with his play style, who relies on beating players and dribbling, our pitch takes that out of him. 

Our current style of play doesn't exactly lend itself to this either...

15 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Pitch quality didnt affect George Best or John McGovern. 

He needs good players around him. Players with not just pace but touch. He's not going to beat many using pace but he's nippy enough for a give and get back. 

He also needs to practice his heading and shooting. 

As a forward he should go into every game confident in his ability to score. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Pitch quality didnt affect George Best or John McGovern. 

Someone who trains and regularly plays on top quality pitches, a player that plays in the championship vs one of the best wingers of all time and captain of 2 time European champions... Nice comparison!!

I like him.  I recall lots on here commenting positively about him. Yes he's dipped, but then haven't most of our players at times.  Some haven't even got high enough to actually dip.  He's still young.  Still adapting to English football. Our style of play has changed since PC. He tracks back and helps out a lot. Mostly unrecognised I suspect. He does need to work on his end product and look up more but I think he'll do a good job for us given the right support around him.  Gets my nod anyway. 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Our current style of play doesn't exactly lend itself to this either...

Indeed.

Our midfielders / wide players actually have less individual freedom to be creative now than they did under Cocu and that's saying something! (It was mainly the lack of a cohesive plan than what they players were doing individually)

When did anyone last see a creative spark from Jason Knight, for example? It's gone from his game at present, often he gets the ball in space and yet doesn't attack the space, he finds a defender to run into and get a foul from - that's our game for now, kick it towards the penalty area as fast as possible and if there's nobody up there to win the ball try to draw the foul. It's effective but it's also why we've only scored 17 goals in 17 games under Rooney.

What's Kamil's job for 60% of the time he's on the pitch under Rooney? Defend!

Another 20% of it is spent receiving the ball with his back to goal & the close attentions of the defender (or 2), so that he can hold it up and support the attacking runs of Byrne who's the one actually playing as the winger. We've almost inverted their roles - in a way you can judge how well Jozwiak is doing by how well Byrne does.

That leaves only 20% of his time to focus on his own game. It's pretty difficult for a winger to build up any sort of consistency in their play when there's such a limited amount of time to actually, you know, play.

He looks rusty & tired (mentally & physically) as much as anything, and as an almost entirely selfless player when he gets the ball in a wide area with options he's massively overthinking it leading to poor decisions.

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Being pedantic I didn't see a noticeable uplift on his historic performances when he was playing against Watford on a pitch resembling a bowling green comparative to ours. Ditto the other clubs pitches whom have been a far higher standard then our ploughed field.

I think a big worry is that he doesn’t seem able to kick the ball properly. His shots are effectively back passes and his corners don’t beat the first man. 

I can’t say I rate any of our wingers at present - I don’t see any end product from any of them which goes some way (a long way) to explain why we are completely toothless up front. 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Indeed.

Our midfielders / wide players actually have less individual freedom to be creative now than they did under Cocu and that's saying something! (It was mainly the lack of a cohesive plan than what they players were doing individually)

When did anyone last see a creative spark from Jason Knight, for example? It's gone from his game at present, often he gets the ball in space and yet doesn't attack the space, he finds a defender to run into and get a foul from - that's our game for now, kick it towards the penalty area as fast as possible and if there's nobody up there to win the ball try to draw the foul. It's effective but it's also why we've only scored 17 goals in 17 games under Rooney.

What's Kamil's job for 60% of the time he's on the pitch under Rooney? Defend!

Another 20% of it is spent receiving the ball with his back to goal & the close attentions of the defender (or 2), so that he can hold it up and support the attacking runs of Byrne who's the one actually playing as the winger. We've almost inverted their roles - in a way you can judge how well Jozwiak is doing by how well Byrne does.

That leaves only 20% of his time to focus on his own game. It's pretty difficult for a winger to build up any sort of consistency in their play when there's such a limited amount of time to actually, you know, play.

He looks rusty & tired (mentally & physically) as much as anything, and as an almost entirely selfless player when he gets the ball in a wide area with options he's massively overthinking it leading to poor decisions.

Yep. He's doing the job he's been asked to do fairly well I think. He's adapted to the current required style which isn't pretty but it's working so far.

Also, although I'm sure he's getting used to the crappy English pitches we have, he'll be sorely missing those pristine surfaces over in Poland...

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Being pedantic I didn't see a noticeable uplift on his historic performances when he was playing against Watford on a pitch resembling a bowling green comparative to ours.

He played 30 minutes. He won us 2 corners that weren't capitalised. Not much he could do, did some nice underlaps for Byrne to get crosses in. Hard to affect a game when he came on due to the poor game it was.

37 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think a big worry is that he doesn’t seem able to kick the ball properly. His shots are effectively back passes and his corners don’t beat the first man. 

I have no idea what you are on about. Seemed to kick the ball perfectly fine for his goal v Swansea.

A solid B, shows promise, hampered a bit by his best mate being in the sick room and playing on a soggy pitch 

Good signing. Right age. Has shown he has ability beyond the ordinary. 

Also works hard, doesn't shirk, and has a positive attitude all round. His effectiveness will improve when the pitch does. Needs a few more goals but then the whole team does. 

4 hours ago, Jubbs said:

He played 30 minutes. He won us 2 corners that weren't capitalised. Not much he could do, did some nice underlaps for Byrne to get crosses in. Hard to affect a game when he came on due to the poor game it was.

He did also have a gilt edged chance near the end where he failed to even register a shot on target because of a really poor first touch. 

4 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Fair enough you've kind of missed my point which I probably did far too subtlety than I normally do.

I think the crap pitch at Derby has had a small effect on his output but can't mitigate his performances overall. 

Archived