Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

Waghorn not being dropped is criminal. He’s been absolutely awful except for a few corners.

Jozwiak nothing like the player I thought we were getting after his first few games. He used to be head and shoulders above the rest of the team but now he looks bang average. Maybe over reliance on him and he needs a rest. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yep too many moves end with him 

I don't think thats all down to his quality though. He's playing in attack with Gregory, CKR, Shinnie, Knight and Waghorn. Zero pace. Zero movement. Where are his options? Who's moving between the lines? He's misplaced a couple of passes no doubt but I feel for him in this team a little. 

It was an alright 1st half. Every time a high ball comes into the area my heart skips... we need to keep a higher defensive line and stop dropping so deep. I'd like to see what Patrick Roberts could do against this defence... he's probably the only player I can see that could come off the bench and make a positive impact (attacking wise).

COYR! Keep going at them in the 2nd half ?

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How does Waghorn get continually picked is question number one.

Question number 2 is when we will start seeing glimpses of a European International player from Jozwiak

Least we're winning and got something to defend 

Scored from two of his set pieces in two matches. More generally lack of competition for places this season. 

Very lucky to get into half time in the lead. Wycombe have absolutely battered us for the last 15 mins or so, especially since Clarke went off, which has obviously disrupted us. They’re doing exactly what Rotherham did to us, and it’s only a matter of time before they score if we don’t sort ourselves out at half time. We look a mess at the moment - need to stop the crosses coming in because they’re getting free reign in the wide areas at the moment.

Earlier on in the game we did create some decent chances however. Scrappy game, similar to the weekend, and certainly not pretty, but we need to make sure we’re effective. We showed some good ingenuity in the final third early on, and possibly should have scored more than once. Need to get some control back on the game and start creating chances again right away.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think Wycombe have been better than Boro were. Tough game this. Mengi struggling, looks a player but not sure he’s a right back. Needs to do more to stop crosses but that’s experience.

Need to up our game second half if we’re going to see this out. We definitely need to score again. Got to take more care when we have the ball. Jozwiak and Knight the biggest culprits, Jozwiak in particular, poor game again. We need Lawrence and Roberts fit to give him some competition.

Take more care of the ball and then you single out jozwiak in particular who is trying to hold onto the ball and play it to feet. What about shinnie knight and waghorn wisdom Forsyth who are playing hot potato and lumping it back to them. Don’t get some people sometime would it be better if jozwiak did similar and just aimlessly lumped the ball away and give back possession or take risks in the final third and try and make something happen or if he did lump it would people in still moan ?

Just now, Topram said:

Anyone a little disappointed with Jozwaik? His work rate is very good to be fair but just think he could do abit more going forward 

Jozwiak’s movement with and without the ball is fantastic. But his passing, crossing (bar 1) and shooting are woeful. As an attacking player he must improve these areas. As well as strength on the ball. Potentials there, but I feel some have their blinkers in when commenting on him. Needs to deliver more. 

Archived