New signings identification guide

admira

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was struggling remembering all their names, let alone their faces. Of course with Matt Clarke we have six loans for five places in the squad, so that will be interesting. But it's likely one from six will benefit from a break and there are a lot of games.

All of a sudden we've massively upped the squad depth. Perhaps we can finally start making substitutions so it's not 16 vs 11 every game?

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sometimes you look at someone and just know they’re gonna be amazing. Whilst it may not happen in a Derby shirt, something about the look of Mengi tells me he’s gonna be brilliant and reach the top. 

Hopefully we can have him on loan next year also.

10 hours ago, admira said:

Here you go...

4F816AB0-E9B2-4D12-A471-03D1CBA3DCEC.jpeg

I have to say this is a fascinating crop that Wazza has scooped up. I love the fact that we have picked up 3 20-somethings perhaps with points to prove. 
Also, as another poster said above, I think Mengi has a special “psychology” which will be interesting to behold. 
And I noted a tangible sense of “pinch me” from Lee Gregory who is clearly delighted to have this opportunity. 
Wazza’s got a difficult job of integrating this crop into the current squad seemlessly. Remember what wee Billy did several years ago! Not any easy task but I’m so looking forward to the injection of energy that this is going to generate. Let’s be realistic - they’re not all going to hit the ground running but we’ve got a fascinating rest of the season ahead. Bring it on! Top marks Wazza. 

Archived