3x U15s

DCFC1388

10 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

I think that he would have been 16 in September or he would be in the u15 age group not u16. I think there are only 4 or 5 u16s left after they did the release a few weeks ago, they’ll be bringing trial lists in now to add to the squad, they usually have 8 or 9 scholars each year.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Well, this won't be the first time the internet lies ?

Just to add, someone said he occasionally played for the U16s when he was only 13. Perhaps he is still officially an U15 but he stepped up to the U18s very early?

If selling really young academy players for a decent sum is what it takes to help our first team and stabilise the club. Then let it happen ??‍♂️ They could look good now but be poo when they get older ?? can you do add on’s with academy players ??

Edited by TomSaint

3 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

I think that he would have been 16 in September or he would be in the u15 age group not u16. I think there are only 4 or 5 u16s left after they did the release a few weeks ago, they’ll be bringing trial lists in now to add to the squad, they usually have 8 or 9 scholars each year.

How does that work? Surely if he’s 16 in September he would be in the U17/18 age group as he will be turning 17 during the season...

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

My lad turned 7 in November and (when there have been matches) plays on an u7s team.

Yup, my lad is a year older with his birthday in the same period and his age group is U8s. Although he is also eligible for U9s which is the level he plays at, except for Derby....

Not at all confusing ?

38 minutes ago, r4derby said:

How does that work? Surely if he’s 16 in September he would be in the U17/18 age group as he will be turning 17 during the season...

I think it's done based on the academic calendar, so anyone under the age of 16 moving into the 1st September will be classed as an U16, even if they turn 16 on the 1st.

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

My lad turned 7 in November and (when there have been matches) plays on an u7s team.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think it's done based on the academic calendar, so anyone under the age of 16 moving into the 1st September will be classed as an U16, even if they turn 16 on the 1st.

Yep, I get that. Same as when I was younger and played youth football. My query was footymum saying that someone who is 16 going into September would play U16. That’s not the case. If they’re 16 before 1st September, they would usually by going into the U17. Feel like it’s all irrelevant anyway

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

Yep, I get that. Same as when I was younger and played youth football. My query was footymum saying that someone who is 16 going into September would play U16. That’s not the case. If they’re 16 before 1st September, they would usually by going into the U17. Feel like it’s all irrelevant anyway

I read it as his birthday was in September (and not before).

33 minutes ago, r4derby said:

If you were 16 1st September 2020 you would be an u16 for this season. Sam is definitely an u16

53 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Bear in mind that this lad came to us from the Ajax academy. He had some pedigree behind him.

https://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenland/276553/Samuel-Sebagabo-het-Nederlandse-talent-dat-jeugdteams-overslaat-bij-Derby-County

It was actually PSV. He moved to this country, and didn't have a team for a couple of years. Failed trial with Leicester before we gave him a chance in 2018.