3x U15s

DCFC1388

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

https://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenland/276553/Samuel-Sebagabo-het-Nederlandse-talent-dat-jeugdteams-overslaat-bij-Derby-County

It was actually PSV. He moved to this country, and didn't have a team for a couple of years. Failed trial with Leicester before we gave him a chance in 2018.

A fascinating read ?

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

https://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenland/276553/Samuel-Sebagabo-het-Nederlandse-talent-dat-jeugdteams-overslaat-bij-Derby-County

It was actually PSV. He moved to this country, and didn't have a team for a couple of years. Failed trial with Leicester before we gave him a chance in 2018.

One of the dads that runs a grass roots team told Derby about him and they went to watch and offered him a trial. 

As with Kaide, I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, if the £3M figure for Kaide is true and we're securing decent add-ons, it's hard to walk away. Likewise if Manure are offering silly money for the others. That said, it's such a shame that kids this young are leaving well before they've even had a squeak at first team football. 

On a separate note, the powers that be need to have a look at the current regs. In this post-Brexit apocalyptic and dystopian new world order, allowing Premiership clubs to raid lower division academies might not bode well for EFL clubs unless the mandatory compo levels are looked at.  

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

As with Kaide, I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, if the £3M figure for Kaide is true and we're securing decent add-ons, it's hard to walk away. Likewise if Manure are offering silly money for the others. That said, it's such a shame that kids this young are leaving well before they've even had a squeak at first team football. 

On a separate note, the powers that be need to have a look at the current regs. In this post-Brexit apocalyptic and dystopian new world order, allowing Premiership clubs to raid lower division academies might not bode well for EFL clubs unless the mandatory compo levels are looked at.  

Aside from the fee you get per year they are in the academy you also get the below based on appearances.  What I'm not sure about is how it is applied. I presume it only applies to the club that signs and not all future transfers but really not sure. 

Effectively if one of the U15s goes on to make 100 appearances for United we would get a further £7.5m in increments.

Screenshot_20210131-220715_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Aside from the fee you get per year they are in the academy you also get the below based on appearances.  What I'm not sure about is how it is applied. I presume it only applies to the club that signs and not all future transfers but really not sure. 

Effectively if one of the U15s goes on to make 100 appearances for United we would get a further £7.5m in increments.

Screenshot_20210131-220715_Chrome.jpg

I think the appearances are for the club the graduated from the academy from.

These 3 are worth 129k each if they joined at 9

Edited by DCFC1388

12 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think the appearances are for the club the graduated from the academy from.

These 3 are worth 129k each if they joined at 9

No. This is the standardised compensation value set out in the EPPP compensation guidelines. 

There is figure per year from the 9-11 fixed at 3k per year. There is then a fee per year based on academy status from 12 to 16 which varies from 12.5k to 40 depending academy status.

A worked example would be that Player x joins Derby at age 8 and is now being picked up by any other academy at 15.

3 k for years 9-11 = 9k

3 years for 12 to 15 @ 40k as Derby is the elite academy. 

That's your fee and I presume your 129k but that assumes these players have been with us since early. If it's someone we picked up at 14...we are entitled to 40k.

The per games compensation is fixed thereafter UNLESS another agreement is made between the two clubs which guarantees an income now.

So risk vs reward if those 3 15 year old go on to make 100 appearances for United it costs them 7.75m each player spread over the years the appearances take.

Or they could give Derby 2m now ans Derby forego any entitlement to future earnings from the players. 

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do we know who they are yet or will we have to wait to see who is missing the next time they play?

They're supposed to be U15s. Unless someone got mixed up and actually meant U16s (such as Sebagabo), then it's going to be a while until we find out - probably when Man Utd announce their 1st year scholars (U18s) in summer 2022.