3x U15s

DCFC1388

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hmmm not a fan of this happening - yet not a major surprise as top premiership clubs can no longer steal the youngsters from Europe so ll eyes are on who produces them in England 

I believe the Prem & EFL are looking at rule changes now brexit has come into play so it stops top Prem clubs picking young players from EFL clubs now they cant from abroad like you said.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is this not exactly what we are currently doing? Today we had 3 academy players starting with another 6 on the bench - how much more can we do to show to young players we have a clear route to our first team?

And there's something clearly going wrong, when so many 15/16/17 year olds leave our academy for an opportunity in another clubs academy. 

I personally don't think we should be losing any academy players until they've properly featured for the first team. Because more than anything, it signals they are ready, not to simply waste away in another clubs vast setup. 

Delap is a great example, probably added on 3+ years to when he'll start getting the same minutes as he would have, just staying here and the opportunity for a bigger club would present itself, again and again. 

Just now, Uptherams said:

And there's something clearly going wrong, when so many 15/16/17 year olds leave our academy for an opportunity in another clubs academy. 

I personally don't think we should be losing any academy players until they've properly featured for the first team. Because more than anything, it signals they are ready, not to simply waste away in another clubs vast setup. 

Delap is a great example, probably added on 3+ years to when he'll start getting the same minutes as he would have, just staying here and the opportunity for a bigger club would present itself, again and again. 

I could understand if they were jumping ship for another Champ academy but they are joining Man City, Liverpool & Man Utd - the biggest clubs in the country

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I could understand if they were jumping ship for another Champ academy but they are joining Man City, Liverpool & Man Utd - the biggest clubs in the country

Who along with Chelsea, are notorious for not producing enough talent and delaying the opportunity so long that it litterally destroys them and they completely disappear. 

13 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Who along with Chelsea, are notorious for not producing enough talent and delaying the opportunity so long that it litterally destroys them and they completely disappear. 

That trend has changed significantly in the past few years. These players have been used this season by those clubs

Man City - Foden, Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Delap, Doyle, Palmer, Nmecha and Barnabe.
Liverpool - Alexander-Arnold, Jones, RWilliams, NWilliams, Kelleher, Phillips, Clarkson, Wilson, Elliott, Koumetio
Man Utd - Rashford, Pogba, McTominay, Greenwood, Henderson, Tuanzebe, Williams, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah
Chelsea - Mount, James, Abraham, Christensen, Gilmour, Tomori, Anjorin, Loftus-Cheek

Edited by Ghost of Clough

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That trend has changed significantly in the past few years. These players have been used this season by those clubs

Man City - Foden, Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Delap, Doyle, Palmer, Nmecha and Barnabe.
Liverpool - Alexander-Arnold, Jones, RWilliams, NWilliams, Kelleher, Phillips, Clarkson, Wilson, Elliott, Koumetio
Man Utd - Rashford, Pogba, McTominay, Greenwood, Henderson, Tuanzebe, Williams, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah
Chelsea - Mount, James, Abraham, Christensen, Gilmour, Tomori, Anjorin, Loftus-Cheek

Add to that arsenal with the likes of saka, willock, nelson, nketiah and mainland niles. It’s def changed a little last couple of years. 

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How many of those are playing regular football? Even Fodens development got delayed by a couple of years for no good reason whatsoever. How can even include Delap for Man City? As soon as a player makes an appearance, is that how low the standard to qualify is?

The opportunities at Chelsea came about because of one manager, Lampard. 

That list is a shocking example of how poor at development those clubs are. You've got a player on that list who is 28. So what are we saying. That's all those clubs have still got onboard, in the space of 10 years of development. 

It's shocking. 

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Very good point and likely to get worse as a result of Brexit. Big clubs were able to bring in good kids from the continent now that will not be the case anymore. As a result If their age group is not great they'll need to get young British kids and good category 1 academy like ours when the club is inot in the PLwill be the first port of call i would have thought. It stinks but money talks.

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

How many of those are playing regular football? Even Fodens development got delayed by a couple of years for no good reason whatsoever. How can even include Delap for Man City? As soon as a player makes an appearance, is that how low the standard to qualify is?

The opportunities at Chelsea came about because of one manager, Lampard. 

That list is a shocking example of how poor at development those clubs are. You've got a player on that list who is 28. So what are we saying. That's all those clubs have still got onboard, in the space of 10 years of development. 

It's shocking. 

Just listing the player to have stepped up from their junior sides. If you don't include Delap's minutes (144), then we can only include Knight, Buchanan, Bird, Sibley and Whittaker for this season.

Foden's still only 20, yet Man City's 5th most used player this season.

We have 4 'regulars' who have been in 66% or more of our matchdsy squads. Man City (1), Liverpool (4), Man Utd (6), and Chelsea (4) aren't too dissimilar.

(I missed Hudson-Odoi off the Chelsea list)

15 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

7 or 8 of the U16 have featured in the U18s matchday squad this season. Sebagabo made his 6th appearance of the season today... he only turned 15 in September!

I think that he would have been 16 in September or he would be in the u15 age group not u16. I think there are only 4 or 5 u16s left after they did the release a few weeks ago, they’ll be bringing trial lists in now to add to the squad, they usually have 8 or 9 scholars each year.

5 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

I think that he would have been 16 in September or he would be in the u15 age group not u16. I think there are only 4 or 5 u16s left after they did the release a few weeks ago, they’ll be bringing trial lists in now to add to the squad, they usually have 8 or 9 scholars each year.

Well, this won't be the first time the internet lies ?