Wheel and deal

Rammed79

3 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

FFS...it’s a duckin’ football forum not the Oxford Debating Society, get off your duckin’ high horse telling people how they should and shouldn’t pose a question. 

Well said.

It's noticeable how dry this forum is becoming, people demanding reason, not emotion when posting. 

Otherwise it's asking for multiple strands of evidence to back up a post which may be gut feeling, or my own personal favourite, people picking up others up on spelling, grammar and even the way they construct sentences, you shouldn't do this or that, who gives a duck about an Oxford Comma?

Don't even get me started on those who start quoting the legal position on otherwise light hearted posts, listing the rights and wrongs of various employment and commercial law, and how it effects the club.

It's probably done from a position of knowledge, and in certain threads it's appropriate and necessary, but most of the time it just comes across as smart arsery, and reduces the fun of the forum.

Back on topic, we should wheel and deal, if possible.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The only player who hasn’t really contributed this season who others might want and be willing to pay money for might be Lawrence but I doubt it 

Yes. In normal times I think WR might have offloaded him. Problem is most other clubs haven’t got that sort of cash right now either 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. In normal times I think WR might have offloaded him. Problem is most other clubs haven’t got that sort of cash right now either 

Bit difficult to contribute when you're injured. I think Rooney rates him fwiw.

16 hours ago, Rev said:

Well said.

It's noticeable how dry this forum is becoming, people demanding reason, not emotion when posting. 

Otherwise it's asking for multiple strands of evidence to back up a post which may be gut feeling, or my own personal favourite, people picking up others up on spelling, grammar and even the way they construct sentences, you shouldn't do this or that, who gives a duck about an Oxford Comma?

Don't even get me started on those who start quoting the legal position on otherwise light hearted posts, listing the rights and wrongs of various employment and commercial law, and how it effects the club.

It's probably done from a position of knowledge, and in certain threads it's appropriate and necessary, but most of the time it just comes across as smart arsery, and reduces the fun of the forum.

And what's worse... People come on here saying how they think Paterson was a decent signing!! 

It's still raw

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yer you need to frame your question in a more specific manner otherwise it's meaningless.

Should really say who would you move on but more importantly how much would we get for that player then this would make the second part of the answer more realistic.

So there's no point in saying I'd move on Waghorn for example knowing that he's on a free at the end of the season then say I'd bring in Bradley Dack to replace as that would require investment again.

So both answers require some form of justification. 

giphy.gif

I think if we can hang on to what we have got it would be a blessing

Bird is potentially good and adequate cover for Shinnie and Bielik

Sibley potential and covering all three positions behind the front man

Gordon - bags of potential to blood him this year

Knight and Buchanan both I think worth more to us than we can get for them in the current climate

I really hope one or more  of JHI Stratton Duncan and the other guy can come good

I would even hold on to the likes of Waghorn, Lawrence, Forsyth, Wisdom for what they offer in cover and the first XI we need some depth.

As much as I like the guy, I think Whittaker maybe better off at a lower level so would be the one I would not be cursing if he went.

That said silly money for any of the above would need to be considered - just can't see it in this current economy

I think we’re short, certainly when you look at the contracts up in the summer 

However, most of it can be sorted in summer, no rush now as we've hopefully got enough to avoid the drop, particularly if Lawrence returns to anywhere near his best 

The only position is probably a striker akin to Kazim as he can’t play every game surely 

21 hours ago, Rev said:

Well said.

You made me chuckle.. I am as dry as a bone and way too earnest most of the time but you just have to let go sometimes and this forum is brilliant for it. When I have a rant I love it and hate it at the same time .. DCFC fans .. my safety valve and soap box all in one easy to use package ... let rip everyone .. just remember to kiss and make up afterwards .. and pick your own toys up ?

21 hours ago, Rev said:

Well said.

Would this be the wrong place to say that should be '..........affects the club.'?

??

21 hours ago, Rev said:

Well said.

Fair comment. Having just scoured your post for grammar, syntax and punctuation errors I completely agree with your sentiments.

On 27/01/2021 at 20:37, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lawrence and Waghorn are both established enough as championship players to be of interest, but i suspect no one else is going to match their wages. However, we might get a loan fee and free up a decent portion of wages on either of them to let us get someone in to see us through the season.

Personally I wouldn't with either of them, and just be preying for better form from them both - they didn't become awful players since the summer but they have been playing very badly.

Lawrence and Waghorn are 2 tangible championship assets. Neither have contributed anything to this mini renaissance so I'd use them just to switch things up a bit.

You'd imagine somewhere around the play offs there would be sides who would like a bit of a shot in the arm but can't necessarily go out and spend. 

Just do a 5 month loan swap with a player of theirs who isn't quite getting going there. 

Archived