Wheel and deal

Rammed79

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

As it's looking like no investment will be coming anytime soon who out of our squad would you move on? and on who would you use the proceeds  to bring in ?  

Lawrence and Waghorn.

If we could afford him - Bradley Dack. 

Also loan of Glenn Murray.

42 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

As it's looking like no investment will be coming anytime soon who out of our squad would you move on? and on who would you use the proceeds  to bring in ?  

Yer you need to frame your question in a more specific manner otherwise it's meaningless.

Should really say who would you move on but more importantly how much would we get for that player then this would make the second part of the answer more realistic.

So there's no point in saying I'd move on Waghorn for example knowing that he's on a free at the end of the season then say I'd bring in Bradley Dack to replace as that would require investment again.

So both answers require some form of justification. 

20 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

I think I was just trying to ask how people would wheel and deal in our current situation it's all hypothetical anyway 

Think we all knew what you were trying to say - just some poster thinking they're funny when they obviously aren't.

56 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yer you need to frame your question in a more specific manner otherwise it's meaningless.

Should really say who would you move on but more importantly how much would we get for that player then this would make the second part of the answer more realistic.

So there's no point in saying I'd move on Waghorn for example knowing that he's on a free at the end of the season then say I'd bring in Bradley Dack to replace as that would require investment again.

So both answers require some form of justification. 

Don’t get your point. The poster was asking a question, one he/she might not have a particular view on. It was a call for others opinions. Nothing wrong with that in my book. 

personally, even though I think he’s more useful than his detractors think .. Lawrence would generate a decent fee and reduce a wage bill at the same time. Kind of a double win on the cash stakes
This might mean we can keep the potential of Sibley and maybe sign someone at the sharp end to fill the fire power gap  in the short term while we re structure. 

Lawrence and Waghorn are both established enough as championship players to be of interest, but i suspect no one else is going to match their wages. However, we might get a loan fee and free up a decent portion of wages on either of them to let us get someone in to see us through the season.

Personally I wouldn't with either of them, and just be preying for better form from them both - they didn't become awful players since the summer but they have been playing very badly.

Evans I could live with going, but we would have to get CB cover in as that's pretty much his job now and there isn't anyone else in the squad I's want to cover more than the odd game (e.g. Foz).

Then you're just down to young players who might be worth more if we play em more or players we can't do without right now.

Personnaly I see us selling Buchanan on dealine day (for an insultingly low fee) and loaning a rubbish past it striker and everyone watching Rooney trying to sound happy about it like it's what he wanted all along whilst he chews a wasp.

The only players I'd be looking to move on at the minute would be ones coming to the end of their contracts at the end of the season (and are unlikely to be a regular first teamer next season) while we can get some sort of transfer fee. So this would mean: Andre Wisdom and Martyn Waghorn.

Incomings wise, I'm liking the sounds of the 3 we've been most linked with (Phil Jones, Tom Ince and Oumar Niasse on loans and frees). I'd also be looking at some cheaper 'squad options' from the lower leagues to add some depth in certain positions. Dan Happe from Leyton Orient to provide cover for Matt Clarke? Jon Mellish from Carlisle to provide cover for Krystian Bielik? All dependent on us having the funds and the ability to bring players in, of course.

1 hour ago, jono said:

personally, even though I think he’s more useful than his detractors think .. Lawrence would generate a decent fee and reduce a wage bill at the same time. Kind of a double win on the cash stakes
This might mean we can keep the potential of Sibley and maybe sign someone at the sharp end to fill the fire power gap  in the short term while we re structure. 

Yes I agree. A 'win win' if we could achieve even half what we paid for Lawrence. If so, he should be sold. That sort of money could pay the wage bill for a few months while Mr Morris tries to find a genuine buyer for the club.  

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Lawrence and Waghorn are both established enough as championship players to be of interest, but i suspect no one else is going to match their wages. However, we might get a loan fee and free up a decent portion of wages on either of them to let us get someone in to see us through the season.

Personally I wouldn't with either of them, and just be preying for better form from them both - they didn't become awful players since the summer but they have been playing very badly.

Evans I could live with going, but we would have to get CB cover in as that's pretty much his job now and there isn't anyone else in the squad I's want to cover more than the odd game (e.g. Foz).

Then you're just down to young players who might be worth more if we play em more or players we can't do without right now.

Personnaly I see us selling Buchanan on dealine day (for an insultingly low fee) and loaning a rubbish past it striker and everyone watching Rooney trying to sound happy about it like it's what he wanted all along whilst he chews a wasp.

Of the latest crew from the academy (knight apart) I would be saddest to see Buchanan go. He has become a man in the last 6 months and looks a real player. Seems to have the same level of attacking flair as Bogle and Lowe but woaah .. he can stop a cross, knows how to tackle and gets that he has defensive duties. I think he has real promise and a chance of hitting heights without all the hype that has come with other academy starlets . Quietly and effectively made himself a guaranteed starter 

Archived