Wayne Rooney helps out with the wages

plymouthram

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't criticise Rooney's performance in the hot seat so far, but from what little I know about manager v players salaries, I'd be shocked if he is still on this high amount.

Fair play to Rooney though. Leading from the front.

No way is he on this. What annoys me is that newspapers can just print this stuff with no repercussion.

Personally I think Rooney has taken a huge cut from player to manager. (I’m going to guess 50 to 25k a week) but has signed a 2.5 year contract. So he hasn’t deferred anything.

The poor article also said he has a 12 months extension as well? What did that bit mean?

If the article is true (unlikely) then he is on what he was on before anyway. Yes 32red covered a portion of the wages which they now wont but surely the money from Cocu's wages and his backroom staff that left will more than cover the difference in Rooneys + any slight increase to Rosenior/Given/Walker?

So say 32red previously paid 50%, we need to find £45k a week for Rooney - Cocu & team would have been on that between them easily

£90k sounds like absolute bullocks to me. The rumour when he first signed was that he was on around £50-60k, half of which was covered by 32Red. So why would we 

A - Increase his wage by around a 3rd for not playing?

B - Saddle ourselves with with double the wage commitment now that 32Red aren’t covering some of it?

I know Mel has made some questionable decisions in his time, but doing that would be batshit crazy!!!

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

If the article is true (unlikely) then he is on what he was on before anyway. Yes 32red covered a portion of the wages which they now wont but surely the money from Cocu's wages and his backroom staff that left will more than cover the difference in Rooneys + any slight increase to Rosenior/Given/Walker?

So say 32red previously paid 50%, we need to find £45k a week for Rooney - Cocu & team would have been on that between them easily

It must have cost a lot to pay off 2 and a half years of wages though.  Can't imagine they took a huge discount unless a maximum payoff was in the contracts.  Still a couple of million at least I should think.

Worth £5 million this year if we stay up. Worth the same next year if we get to top six. Worth the same if we sell a young star for £5 million. Presumably based on the takeover going ahead. Advertising drawn to the club could become huge. Attract players that may not have come. It is well worth the money if we get promoted. Speculate to accumulate. He has put £5 million on the first team squad already. 

Don't believe for one min he's on 90k a week but I believe this is something he would do. His personal wealth is far, far more than our entire squads personal wealth put together.

Top man if true and you can imagine the respect he'd get from the lads for doing so.

Well, we know that Rooney was on circa £50k a week at DC united. What the Mail is asking to believe is that in extending his career by 18 months, Derby offered to nearly double his salary? No.

It staggers me whenever I see someone actually buy the Daily Mail, I cannot fathom it.

Archived