Wayne Rooney helps out with the wages

plymouthram

One of the pundits in a newspaper column - can’t remember who, or whether Times or Telegraph - wrote a few weeks ago that Rooney’s manager’s contract was of similar liability to his playing contract. I read that as being what he was owed for the last six months as a player is now what he’s owed as a manager over the reported 2.5 year term.

if £5m a year was the correct figure for his playing contract then, that would mean about £20k a week as a manager.

Have to say that sounds a lot mire feasible. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard when he signed his 18 month playing contract was a total cost of £6 million of which we were paying 25% so that’s £1.5 million or £500,000 last season followed by £1 million this season. I assume that would change when he stopped playing officially. 
if true £500.000 for last season was a bargain in itself. 

Rooney and the newspapers in his career for example 

monday - he’s terrible look what someone says happened 

tuesday - what a guy 

Wednesday- he taken his dog for a walk 

Thursday - he’s brought a new car 

Friday - a squirrel stole Rooney’s supper 

Saturday - Rooney sensational for whatever team 

Sunday - sensational news next week about Rooney 

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Well, we know that Rooney was on circa £50k a week at DC united. What the Mail is asking to believe is that in extending his career by 18 months, Derby offered to nearly double his salary? No.

It staggers me whenever I see someone actually buy the Daily Mail, I cannot fathom it.

great for wrapping fish and chips, also if you run out of loo paper.....

The grain of truth is almost certainly there in terms of Rooney deferring some of the money due to him, and probably he has done that in dialogue with the club because he knows the others haven't been paid.

Good man, good leader, also knows he needs the squad to pull together and this will help.

The rest is speculative/BS and it's also being painted as a look at how bad Derby are so bad that Rooney is having to bail them out. OK the club are in a bad place, but, it's annoying.

Matt Hughes is an awful journalist and the Daily Mail deserves him. He constantly sensationalises stories with false/unsubstantiated claims and rumours to divide opinion and create divisions within fan bases. Does any Derby fan seriously think that Rooney is on £90k per week as a rookie manager in the second tier of English football with our current circumstances?

He constantly writes articles painting the club/team/board/staff in a bad light, I'm yet to see a positive article from him and won't hold my breath for him to do so anytime soon.

The only difference in this MH article is that he's trying a different tactic to soften his usual anti-Derby agenda by saying how wonderful Rooney is to defer wages so that the awful DCFC can pay their players. Do we honestly think that a portion of £90k a week will actually make a big difference across a whole squad of playing staff in the grand scheme of things? For example if he was deferring half of the supposed 90k (he isn't), that would be 45k across 25-30 players - less than 2k a week per player. Not really gonna make a difference to the whole issue is it?

Total wasteman of a journalist and now I've wasted a few minutes reading and putting my thoughts down on here so people don't get carried away and believe all the poo.

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

One of the pundits in a newspaper column - can’t remember who, or whether Times or Telegraph - wrote a few weeks ago that Rooney’s manager’s contract was of similar liability to his playing contract. I read that as being what he was owed for the last six months as a player is now what he’s owed as a manager over the reported 2.5 year term.

if £5m a year was the correct figure for his playing contract then, that would mean about £20k a week as a manager.

Have to say that sounds a lot mire feasible. 

The more I think about it, the more I think this is probably the case / 9/10ths of it. But hey, journos gotta get clicks.

HEADLINE: ROONEY ON £90,000 A WEEK

article: Rooney will be paid salary over a longer period of time

just ridiculous reporting. If he is being paid his salary over a longer period of time then he isn’t on £90,000 a week is he. And that’s before you consider how ridiculous that figure is anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's a lot of it about apparently.

Allegedly people used to buy the Sunday Sport as well. And The Sun just to be totally absurd.

Well quite - The only thing I'd say though is that some seem to think that the Mail isn't a tabloid, like it's serious factual source. I think most know that the Sun is a rag, right?

6 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

great for wrapping fish and chips, also if you run out of loo paper.....

I think we need to give this journalist ( i use the term flexibly) a break .. what is he to do ? He is agitating for a move, life can’t be easy for him, think about his mental health  .. he writes for the Leeds United of News Papers, it is a sad existence so I think there is more to this than meets the eye .. I bet his agent told him to write that story in the hope he will be spotted by scouts in America who will put his name forward to the Bastion of truth, The National Enquirer. You wait .. get him there and Derby County will be live streaming matches to Martians 

8 hours ago, roboto said:

... and now I've wasted a few minutes reading and putting my thoughts down on here so people don't get carried away and believe all the poo.

Well, it wasn't a waste of your time, in my opinion.

Having read your post, I can assure you that I am neither getting carried away, or believe all the poo.

So, it's a massive thanks from me!  ?

13 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

It staggers me whenever I see someone actually buy the Daily Mail, I cannot fathom it.

The type who buy the Daily Mail lap up this kind of crap

You know the type, can't stand foreigners but buy a place in Spain and only drink in the "English Pub" / eat fish n' chips when they're there.

Archived