Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Luckily enough he is going to Huddersfield according to the Radio and it not a area that is our biggest problem. That is creating and scoring however before Tuesday it is hard to see how it changes apart from Bournemouth will let us have more time on the ball. 

As you mention, obviously Keogh isn't returning. However on your point about creativity; As things stand, if RK was in the current team, he would possibly be our most creative player.....

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God knows what to do in this match. We really need to make some changes, particularly up front, but we’ve got no options. Best I can come up with is:

Foster

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Bielik Shinnie

Mitchell-Lawson Knight Whittaker

Kazim-Richards

Duck it. Roos is an accident waiting to happen - he didn’t have to do anything really today, and you still feel like he could have done better with the goal. Unlikely Marshall will have recovered in time, so may as well give young Foster a go. Will help fulfil the stupid academy quota which has got us in this mess, and we’re going to lose anyway. Buchanan looked massively out of sorts today, possibly because he’s one of the ones most affected by the wages not being paid, so I’d stick Forsyth in while he sorts his head out. Waghorn literally offered nothing today, so may as well give Mitchell-Lawson a go to see if he’s improved, literally can’t do much worse. Quality in the final third hasn’t been there from Jozwiak in recent games, so may as well give Whittaker a go to see if he can add any sort of goal threat. Would like to replace Kazim-Richards with someone more likely to score a goal as well, but we literally have no other strikers.

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bielik, Knight and Jowiak  were much further below expectations than Wisdom . I had no expectations of Waghorn and they were duly realised

Wisdom was awful against Rotherham. May as well try the only other guy who can play at CB and stick Evans in.

Wayne and his staff really have got their work cut out for them, the team look demoralised and lacklustre, understandably if they haven't been paid. We can't score for toffee (Birmingham goals aside which were pretty much handed on a golden platter) and we always have a cheap goal for the opposition in us. 

Having no options to freshen things up and no competition for places because the only other options are youngsters that are clearly not ready, count all of them in this with the exception of Sibley and Bird (who are still very inconsistent)

Bearing in mind that Tom Lawrence and Ibe are both seemingly some way out of the picture.

I think if we escape relegation this season then Wayne and staff will have performed nothing short of a miracle.

Our only glimmer of hope is takeover completion and that we have a list of signings that could make a real difference, that are willing to fight a relegation battle.

Can see nothing other than another defeat vs Bournemouth.

I really think a visit to League One and hopefully a massive press of the DCFC reset button might be best all round.

6 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Bielik, Knight and Jowiak  were much further below expectations than Wisdom . I had no expectations of Waghorn and they were duly realised

Wisdom looked awful on the ball and so there was no chance of decent possession. He was nowhere in the air or the floor and pushed the man into Roos for the goal - a total liability all game. 

Marshall (if fit)

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Bielik

Shinnie Knighty

Sibley Colin Joz

Id be more worried if we don’t bounce back and produce an energetic performance. Rooney seems to me to have a nouse of how to nullify teams who take the initiative. 

I expect a rocket up them and a more energetic performance (I hope anyway)!

Keep the faith, we looked dead and buried in November, we can turn it around again. COYR.

wiz looks shot of confidence,and has become incapable of passing forward,only sideways to clarke or back to marshall/roos,but i dont see an option to replace him.waghorn is a twelth man for the opposition,i would replace with lawrence if fit,sibbo if not.i hope we can find more space against a better side,and hopefully get a few chances,which we have to take.

marshall

byrne

forsythe

wiz

clarke

bielik

shinnie

knight

lawrence

ckr

kamil

Just now, TINMANTED said:

wiz looks shot of confidence,and has become incapable of passing forward,only sideways to clarke or back to marshall/roos,but i dont see an option to replace him

I have been reminded of Evans! But I'd put young Solomon in, if he can do an FA Cup match then he can do a Championship match?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I have been reminded of Evans! But I'd put young Solomon in, if he can do an FA Cup match then he can do a Championship match?

evans had a couple of stand out matches under cocu,but then went back to his normal self,so i still think he's behind wiz.i think the games are now too perilous to experiment with solomon

4 hours ago, chewbacca said:

I really think a visit to League One and hopefully a massive press of the DCFC reset button might be best all round.

Not a chance. We must stay in this division. If we go down I can see us dropping right the way through the leagues. 

18 hours ago, europia said:

As you mention, obviously Keogh isn't returning. However on your point about creativity; As things stand, if RK was in the current team, he would possibly be our most creative player.....

I think Keogh is just what we need...if push comes to shove so could Jerome in the short term, cheap options to improve us...double swoop at MKD ?

Fingers crossed Marshall's back. We missed more than just his goalkeeping abilities.

I'd love to be able to change more, but the lack of depth and quality in this squad is really starting to show... especially at CB, on the wings and at CF. I also concede that it's not likely to see Jordon Ibe in the squad, never mind starting, at the minute... but he has the potential to make a difference.

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth
Bielik
Jozwiak, Knight, Sibley, Ibe/Lawrence
Kazim

And hope for a scrappy 1-0 win.

Archived