Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think the point is that all these managers know Lawrence has the potential to be the match-winner for us so keep playing him when fit. He is often cited by opposing managers as the player from our side they most fear.

He is woefully out of form though and completely lacks confidence in his game. This makes his decision making even worse than it usually is as he desperately tries to make it better.

I am starting to feel he will never deliver consistently enough against his potential (he was 27 recently) and we should move him on.

Frustratingly,  he will probably hit a rich vein of form for his next club, but it sure hasn't worked out for him here.

Shame huh! All the ability in the world but seemingly only able to utilise it on an occasional basis. I've backed the lad to the hilt but like your good self, I'm now wondering whether my faith was misplaced. I fear that if we don't see something from him this season, his ship will have sailed. Will keep my fingers crossed nonetheless. 

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Topram said:

Jack Wilshere could be fun to watch tonight not expecting anything but a defeat our bigger game is on Saturday

Surprised that no one has any hope for tonight given that 3 of our 4 wins have been against teams in the top 6, not conceding once. We managed to keep Brentford out too. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

My original point is about Rosenior. He talks utter rubbish. He should be throwing the gauntlet down to these players not blowing smoke up the......of a player who has achieved very little for a very long time.

i wonder what Rooney must feel about being saddled with this half-wit instead of being able to being his own man in.  

That's very harsh. I like him.

18 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Surprised that no one has any hope for tonight given that 3 of our 4 wins have been against teams in the top 6, not conceding once. We managed to keep Brentford out too. 

That’s the only thing, the fact  we seem to do well against the top sides. But an early goal for them with our confidence could get ugly 

On 17/01/2021 at 16:51, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Fingers crossed Marshall's back. We missed more than just his goalkeeping abilities.

I'd love to be able to change more, but the lack of depth and quality in this squad is really starting to show... especially at CB, on the wings and at CF. I also concede that it's not likely to see Jordon Ibe in the squad, never mind starting, at the minute... but he has the potential to make a difference.

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth
Bielik
Jozwiak, Knight, Sibley, Ibe/Lawrence
Kazim

And hope for a scrappy 1-0 win.

As it's looking like neither Marshall or Lawrence are available, I'll amend my starting lineup.

Roos
Wisdom, Evans, Clarke, Forsyth
Bielik
Byrne, Knight, Sibley, Jozwiak
Kazim

Get Wiz back into what is (IMO) his best position. Buchanan had a shocker in the last game, so in comes Fozzy. Sibley in to provide more attacking intent. Byrne on the wing... he always looks like our best attacking outlet down that side anyway, so why not push him further forward.

... and still hope for a scrappy 1-0 win ? COYR! Give us something to smile about ?

7 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As it's looking like neither Marshall or Lawrence are available, I'll amend my starting lineup.

Roos
Wisdom, Evans, Clarke, Forsyth
Bielik
Byrne, Knight, Sibley, Jozwiak
Kazim

Get Wiz back into what is (IMO) his best position. Buchanan had a shocker in the last game, so in comes Fozzy. Sibley in to provide more attacking intent. Byrne on the wing... he always looks like our best attacking outlet down that side anyway, so why not push him further forward.

... and still hope for a scrappy 1-0 win ? COYR! Give us something to smile about ?

I like that line up.

If Byrne and Joz could stay in their positions - but not too wide, full backs to bomb on past when able to do so knowing that Bielik will cover for them, use Knight's energy to roam and destroy in the centre of the park, and Sibley to push up to support CKR when on the offensive.

Roos
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth
              Knight, Shinnie

Jozwiak             Sibley 
               Kazim    Stretton/ Waghorn 

I know it’s heresy to suggest dropping Bielik but he’s the least mobile of our midfielders. It would only be a one match rest and he can come off the bench if it’s not working. The other two can cover for the full backs when they go forward. Prefer the pace of Stretton if fit but would put Waghorn alongside CKR if not. The big man needs someone closer to him.

19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Roos
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth
              Knight, Shinnie

Jozwiak             Sibley 
               Kazim    Stretton/ Waghorn 

I know it’s heresy to suggest dropping Bielik but he’s the least mobile of our midfielders. It would only be a one match rest and he can come off the bench if it’s not working. The other two can cover for the full backs when they go forward. Prefer the pace of Stretton if fit but would put Waghorn alongside CKR if not. The big man needs someone closer to him.

Bold and very brave idea. 
I could support it (unless we lose then it’s a rank  idea) !

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Roos

Byrne, Evans, Clarke, Forsyth

Knight Bielik Shinnie

Jozwiak Waghorn Sibley

...Christ. 

Oh god I agree, unless is there another striker in the club fit instead of Waghorn (not Colin, who has been poor recently)?

Roos

Byrne      Evans      Clarke      Forsyth

Bielik

Knight        Shinnie (C)

Jozwiak      Kazim-Richards     Sibley

Subs: Foster Wisdom Buchanan Bird Waghorn Gordon Whittaker [plus who's fit from Holmes Lawrence Stretton, Hector-Ingram and Marshall back if he's fit]

Sibley needs to be a starter if we're going to ever get on the front foot. We can't be a team incapable of scoring goals and then drop our most forward thinking player as Rooney did for the last game. There was a reason we scored 4 against Birmingham.

33 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I know it’s heresy to suggest dropping Bielik but he’s the least mobile of our midfielders

One poster said ‘stop Bielik stop Derby’. This is why he’s seemed less effective last two games - he’s had one sometimes two men on him much of the time and he’s not yet learned how to deal with that. But if he is drawing attention, there is more space for others. Maybe play Sibley alongside him and hope the extra space allows Sibley to provide some of the creativity we lack

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sibley needs to be a starter if we're going to ever get on the front foot. We can't be a team incapable of scoring goals and then drop our most forward thinking player as Rooney did for the last game. There was a reason we scored 4 against Birmingham.

Absolutely. Had Sibley been playing regularly he'd have bagged a couple against Birmingham too.

One unfortunate defeat to Sheff Weds later and he finds himself back on the bench, behind the ever ineffective Waghorn.

'Stop Bielik, Stop Derby'

Clearly teams have cottoned onto how influential he is so we need another focal point in there - my choice would be Bird (in place of Shinnie), who like Bielik is comfortable receiving possession in tight areas & shifting it on both short & long. It also allows Bielik to drift a bit further up the field (with the insurance of Bird behind him) where his impressive range of passing can cause a bit more damage. 

I'd bring Sibley in for Waghorn & move Jozwiak wide right. Thought Waghorn was very poor on Saturday & Sibley is more incisive - i.e. more likely to run with the ball & get a shot off

Knight needs to get far closer to Kazim tonight & the other 'winger' needs to get into the box also - giving us at least 3 in there whenever the ball is coming in from opposite side. Saturday we were again undermanned in the 18 yard box.

image.png.cdaf8d33cadf315d5b8704800483d915.png

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Clearly teams have cottoned onto how influential he is so we need another focal point in there - my choice would be Bird (in place of Shinnie), who like Bielik is comfortable receiving possession in tight areas & shifting it on both short & long. It also allows Bielik to drift a bit further up the field (with the insurance of Bird behind him) where his impressive range of passing can cause a bit more damage. 

Every time bird has played this season he's been a passenger, too negative. 5 yard passes sideways and backwards. I could sit in the midfield and do that.

Archived