Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

15 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

I would change our formation to 3-4-1-2 and put thise players on, because the energi in the team has gone go up a gear.:

1. Ross

2. Macdonald  6. Clarke 3.Fordyth

4. Wisdom

7. Bielik

8. Bird

9. Kazim Richard

10. Knight

l1. Sibley.

Burne isn't the right player for the fortune and Mcdonald did very well when he came on last time.

Buchanan did okay. but his crossballs hasn't got the qualities of Forsyth.

Wisdom has been okay, but I think he would be a asset in our defensive midfield with his quick passes upfield. GhT will enable Bielik yo go more in the field.

Bird could be ghe solution together with Bieluk, but he needs to be more direct in his passing play.

Joswiak has been too slow and Sibley has done great with his energy and shoots on good.

Í would draw a line under that line up

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Need a sharp upturn in form. A standard 4-3-3 line up with players in their correct positions please. Evans in for Wisdom who is not a CB and never will be. Sibbo and Knight deployed in midfield with license to bomb forward. Bielik screening the back four but with license to attack when the opportunity presents itself.

Upfront I'd like to see Waghorn on the right flank where he plays most of his best football. Jozzy and CKR to complete the attack. Not a great deal of choice there in any case.

Only other change would be to bring Fozzy back in as given the form he was showing and the attacking threat he offers with his trademark early crosses, he should never have been dropped in the first place. Buchanan is going to be an excellent player but right now, Fozzy is our best LB. Clarke and Byrne pick themselves.

image.png.642d4fbbbb41dd11864d67fe77cc7536.png

I think as far back as Lampard we've tended to play much better against teams that try to play football and Bournemouth, whilst a pretty useful outfit, are far from bombproof. My head says 2-0 Bournemouth but I can see us earning a battling 1-1 draw if we can avoid the kind of schizoid embolisms that we seen so often this season and rediscover some tempo. 

It'd also help if we didn't give Bournemouth 20 or 30 set-pieces by pointlessly fouling them every 5 seconds, especially given how often we are incorrectly penalised anyway.

COYR

OI! Stop slagging the ref off. That's my job! Especially before a ball has been kicked!

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

Sibley has to start. I would be tempted to go more 4-4-2 with Sibley just off Waghorn up front.

Knight onto the right.

Forsyth back in.

So

Marshall If fit/Roos
Byrne
Wisdom
Clarke
Forsythe
Knight (RM)
Bielik
Shinnie
Joz
Sibley
Waghorn

Who has the armband if Marshall unfit? We need leadership on the pitch 

Keep coming back to the lack of attacking options. Just criminal. No Lawrence, no Ibe, no Rooney, Waghorn hopelessly out of form, matched only by Holmes' decline. 

CKR is a workhorse and I have to admit he's been better than I expected but he never has and never will be prolific. 

Weakest bench in a very long time, mostly bolstered by prospective young talent rather than genuine options. We need a hero to weigh in with a few goals, but I can't see who. 

I can't see many options to be fair but to stick with .. 

Roos 

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Shinnie 

Knight Bielik 

Jozwiak CKR Sibley 

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Who has the armband if Marshall unfit? We need leadership on the pitch 

Trouble is, once you’ve given it to a player it’s tough to take it off him especially after just one game. So whilst I don’t think it was the right choice initially, I would imagine it will be Knight again.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I would have been happy with that but it would be a big thing to take it off Knight unless Rooney told him he’d only have it for one game (seems very unlikely). 

Yeah I agree , strange one but I suppose if its only very temporary until Marshall is back then i don't think it will make too much difference, so I suppose he just wanted to reward Knight for how well he is playing currently , definitely one of our stand out players week in week out with his workrate

13 hours ago, Rambalin said:

The same one has Mick Mccarthy, Gary Rowett, Frank Lampard, Phillip Cocu, Wayne Rooney and pretty much every other manager in the division. 

How many goals and assists this season?

We have a bit of a dilemma really. 

Bielik, Knight and Shinnie are our best three midfielders but between them create very little. 

It's tough to expect a front three to create everything, especially when none of them is a proven goalscorer. 

Do we gamble and rest one of the big three? 

Can we find a fit youngster to add pace to the attack? 

Issue is that Sibley looks out of sorts, Watson is a bit lightweight for the championship, Stretton seems to be injured and Hector Ingram and Whittaker aren't good enough. 

I had high hopes for Jozwiak but he too often flatters to deceive. He has quick feet and can find space but he rarely finds an end product. 

Will Tom find one of his one in ten performances? 

Let's hope so, eh? 

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How many goals and assists this season?

I think the point is that all these managers know Lawrence has the potential to be the match-winner for us so keep playing him when fit. He is often cited by opposing managers as the player from our side they most fear.

He is woefully out of form though and completely lacks confidence in his game. This makes his decision making even worse than it usually is as he desperately tries to make it better.

I am starting to feel he will never deliver consistently enough against his potential (he was 27 recently) and we should move him on.

Frustratingly,  he will probably hit a rich vein of form for his next club, but it sure hasn't worked out for him here.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think the point is that all these managers know Lawrence has the potential to be the match-winner for us so keep playing him when fit. He is often cited by opposing managers as the player from our side they most fear.

He is woefully out of form though and completely lacks confidence in his game. This makes his decision making even worse than it usually is as he desperately tries to make it better.

I am starting to feel he will never deliver consistently enough against his potential (he was 27 recently) and we should move him on.

Frustratingly,  he will probably hit a rich vein of form for his next club, but it sure hasn't worked out for him here.

My original point is about Rosenior. He talks utter rubbish. He should be throwing the gauntlet down to these players not blowing smoke up the......of a player who has achieved very little for a very long time.

i wonder what Rooney must feel about being saddled with this half-wit instead of being able to being his own man in.  

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

My original point is about Rosenior. He talks utter rubbish. He should be throwing the gauntlet down to these players not blowing smoke up the......of a player who has achieved very little for a very long time.

i wonder what Rooney must feel about being saddled with this half-wit instead of being able to being his own man in.  

I presume it's good cop, bad cop scenario.

Archived