Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

4 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Marshall (hopefully)

Wisdom  Bielik   Clarke

Byrne  Knight  Shinnie  Sibley  Forsyth  

Jozwiak 

CKR

No, Bielik needs to play in midfield 

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Byrne      Wisdom       Clarke       Buchanan

Bielik

Knight      Bird      Shinnie

Joswiak

Kazim         

Roos, McDonald, Forsyth, Evans, Holmes, Lawrence, Gordon, Whittaker, Hector-Ingram

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom       Clarke       Buchanan

Bielik

Knight   Shinnie    Sibley

Joswiak

Kazim         

Yes, go with that...

41 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Marshall

Byrne      Wisdom       Clarke       Buchanan

Bielik

Knight      Bird      Shinnie

Joswiak

Kazim         

Roos, McDonald, Forsyth, Evans, Holmes, Lawrence, Gordon, Whittaker, Hector-Ingram

You can forget Lawrence picked up a problem in training and not available. Also after yesterday's display Forsyth is most likely to replace Buchanan. 

Holmes is having a medical at Huddersfield so he is out of the equation also and Marshall is unlikely to be fit. 

Need a sharp upturn in form. A standard 4-3-3 line up with players in their correct positions please. Evans in for Wisdom who is not a CB and never will be. Sibbo and Knight deployed in midfield with license to bomb forward. Bielik screening the back four but with license to attack when the opportunity presents itself.

Upfront I'd like to see Waghorn on the right flank where he plays most of his best football. Jozzy and CKR to complete the attack. Not a great deal of choice there in any case.

Only other change would be to bring Fozzy back in as given the form he was showing and the attacking threat he offers with his trademark early crosses, he should never have been dropped in the first place. Buchanan is going to be an excellent player but right now, Fozzy is our best LB. Clarke and Byrne pick themselves.

image.png.642d4fbbbb41dd11864d67fe77cc7536.png

I think as far back as Lampard we've tended to play much better against teams that try to play football and Bournemouth, whilst a pretty useful outfit, are far from bombproof. My head says 2-0 Bournemouth but I can see us earning a battling 1-1 draw if we can avoid the kind of schizoid embolisms that we seen so often this season and rediscover some tempo. 

It'd also help if we didn't give Bournemouth 20 or 30 set-pieces by pointlessly fouling them every 5 seconds, especially given how often we are incorrectly penalised anyway.

COYR

We need some creativity and can't carry both Knight and Shinnie to achieve that. Give the young lad a chance

Marshall

Byrne     Wisdom    Clarke    Buchanan

Bielik Knight         

Jozwiak          Gordon               Sibley

CKR

15 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Professional hospital patient Jack Wilshere has signed a short-term deal with Bournemouth - if he plays tomorrow, we''ll need Shinnie in the team to kick him up in the air in the first minute....

I'm not sure that's accurate. Wilshire is entirely capable of breaking down completely without any assistance. 

20 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Professional hospital patient Jack Wilshere has signed a short-term deal with Bournemouth - if he plays tomorrow, we''ll need Shinnie in the team to kick him up in the air in the first minute....

1 game so far this season for West Ham (in the cup).
10 games (360 mins) in all competitions last season.

I don't think he'll be in their squad for a few weeks just yet.

Archived