Derby County Vs Bournemouth Matchday thread.

Rev

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1 game so far this season for West Ham (in the cup).
10 games (360 mins) in all competitions last season.

I don't think he'll be in their squad for a few weeks just yet.

He might be - he's apparently been training with them for a while 'to keep up his fitness' (whatever that means in Jack Wilshere terms....possibly making sure he can get off his sofa to switch on his playstation)

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall 

bryne wisdom Clarke Buchanan   

Knight Belick Shinnie 

waghorn    Richards.    Jozwiak 

we haven’t got much of a choice really have we as we desperately need a centre half and a centre forward 

I wouldn’t put Forsyth in for this one at left back ( I would have last Saturday) 

Roos (If Marshall still cant play)

Macdonald Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Bielik

Knight Sibley

Anyone Anyone Joswiak

Desperately need someone who actually knows how to cross a ball, so bring Forsyth in. Macdonald looked good when he played first team and maybe he can cross as well, because Byrne definitely can't. If we could I'd replace Wisdom as well

Fit Sibley in the team wherever possible - without him we have virtually nobody trying to go forward other than maybe Joswiak. The other two in the frontline can go to whoever you like - won't make a difference.

8 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bielik

Knight Sibley

Anyone Anyone Joswiak

Desperately need someone who actually knows how to cross a ball, so bring Forsyth in. Macdonald looked good when he played first team and maybe he can cross as well, because Byrne definitely can't. If we could I'd replace Wisdom as well

Fit Sibley in the team wherever possible - without him we have virtually nobody trying to go forward other than maybe Joswiak. The other two in the frontline can go to whoever you like - won't make a difference.

Byrne put an absolute cracker of a cross over against Rotherham. 

Jozwiak closed his eyes and headed thin air and Shinnie shot straight at the keeper. 

Crosses aren't really the issue. It's having someone in the box who can shoot and head the ball. 

Byrne was probably my man of the match on Saturday. 

I'm hoping Stretton is available and I'd give Gordon 15 minutes. 

We can't keep picking the same players and hoping they've turned into goalscorers. 

37 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bielik

Knight Sibley

Anyone Anyone Joswiak

Can't agree with dropping Byrne. Consistently one of our better players, gets forward and does put in some decent crosses (IMO). 

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Byrne put an absolute cracker of a cross over against Rotherham. 

Jozwiak closed his eyes and headed thin air and Shinnie shot straight at the keeper. 

Crosses aren't really the issue. It's having someone in the box who can shoot and head the ball. 

Byrne was probably my man of the match on Saturday. 

I don't agree, but each to their own.

I thought Byrne was as bad as everyone else and one cross in 90 minutes does not change my view. Most of the time he walks blindly into trouble before smashing it into the first opposition player he can see.

Most of the crosses we put into the box are absolute crap. Half the time we hit it into a completely empty box and just pray that god decides to knock it in himself and the other we may as well just kick straight out of play.

We do have a problem with a lack of bodies getting forward, but why do we keep hitting it in aimlessly in from the wings when they can clearly see there is nobody there.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Can't agree with dropping Byrne. Consistently one of our better players, gets forward and does put in some decent crosses (IMO). 

As i said to Anag we must be watching different games. Just as awful as everyone else for me and is one of the few positions we could actually change.

1 hour ago, admira said:

When will the Derby Telegraph start using a spell checker?

Three mistakes in one article is poor even by their low standards.

Errors.png

Liam Rosenior - Tom lawrence is an outstanding player at this level - what fookin planet is he on.

40 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Liam Rosenior - Tom lawrence is an outstanding player at this level - what fookin planet is he on.

The same one has Mick Mccarthy, Gary Rowett, Frank Lampard, Phillip Cocu, Wayne Rooney and pretty much every other manager in the division. 

I would change our formation to 3-4-1-2 and put thise players on, because the energi in the team has gone go up a gear.:

1. Ross

2. Macdonald  6. Clarke 3.Fordyth

4. Wisdom

7. Bielik

8. Bird

9. Kazim Richard

10. Knight

l1. Sibley.

Burne isn't the right player for the fortune and Mcdonald did very well when he came on last time.

Buchanan did okay. but his crossballs hasn't got the qualities of Forsyth.

Wisdom has been okay, but I think he would be a asset in our defensive midfield with his quick passes upfield. GhT will enable Bielik yo go more in the field.

Bird could be ghe solution together with Bieluk, but he needs to be more direct in his passing play.

Joswiak has been too slow and Sibley has done great with his energy and shoots on good.

Archived