Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Raid.' The most annoying and misused terms in football transfers. Adam Hurrey defined its use in football as suggesting "a certain cynicism from the bidding club, and a level of helplessness on the part of the seller."

We're never ever the ones doing the raiding, are we? 

Just now, Duracell said:

'Raid.' The most annoying and misused terms in football transfers. Adam Hurrey defined its use in football as suggesting "a certain cynicism from the bidding club, and a level of helplessness on the part of the seller."

I suppose you could say we raided Wigan for Nathan Byrne and David Marshall last summer?

I like Duane, but £1m isn't a bad figure to receive for him. He obviously wouldn't be one of the higher earners in the team and he's never really been able to nail down his place in the team. Shinnie has overtaken him a little bit in terms of preference. 

It also gets a good bloke out of a bad situation where he can't guarantee his wages will be paid. 

If genuine then I’d be inclined to take that deal. I really like Duane and he’s coming into his prime but he’s a nearly man for me.

Does some great work then ‘nearly’ makes that killer pass, but just doesn’t happen.

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace 

23 minutes ago, Duracell said:

There was a time when it felt like every single Derby County transfer was a 'Rams Raid'. The alliteration was low hanging fruit but under Clough we would more often plunder lower league outfits for versatile defenders or semi-talented Michael Jacobs types.

There is a vulnerability to having your team raided that doesn't sit well with me. I don't mind selling players but who wants to see football money men barge into Moor Farm and leave with Duane Holmes strapped over their shoulders?

Been a good player for us, just seems to have lost his spark and confidence a bit, so a change could do us good.

We’d make a profit on him if he goes for £1mil, which is a big positive for us considering he’s not really a starter anymore.

I am a fan of Holmes but so far this season he has been poor. Last 6 months of his deal, 1m would be a brilliant price for him.

Slight profit on what we paid which obviously would have been amortized over a period so that 1m will more than cover the last year hit on the books

23 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

There was a time when it felt like every single Derby County transfer was a 'Rams Raid'. The alliteration was low hanging fruit but under Clough we would more often plunder lower league outfits for versatile defenders or semi-talented Michael Jacobs types.

There is a vulnerability to having your team raided that doesn't sit well with me. I don't mind selling players but who wants to see football money men barge into Moor Farm and leave with Duane Holmes strapped over their shoulders?

He’d fit in a Co-op bag for life!

Archived