21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have said this before, but I bet nobody whose seat would have been dearer this season is writing to the club demanding that they be allowed to pay more to get them in line with people around them!

The club has simplified the pricing structure and there will be winners and losers, but I think this is one thing we shouldn't be beating the club up about.

Rams TV was worth every penny of the difference in my season ticket price imo. They were my lifeline in very strange times last season.

It wouldn’t have been very hard to email people with a message appropriate to their circumstances. There aren’t that many variations. 
Forget politeness, or reasonableness, it’s  just basic good business sense to keep people informed. 

For me that message would have been:

Thanks for your support. Your season ticket is now in a lower price category. While there will always be winners and losers in any pricing change, we believe the “free” Rams TV that you received last year more than compensates.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have said this before, but I bet nobody whose seat would have been dearer this season is writing to the club demanding that they be allowed to pay more to get them in line with people around them!

The club has simplified the pricing structure and there will be winners and losers, but I think this is one thing we shouldn't be beating the club up about.

Rams TV was worth every penny of the difference in my season ticket price imo. They were my lifeline in very strange times last season.

I think you’re being over generous to the club here.

I have had a great seat on the half way line for many years and been prepared to pay a premium for it. Would I swap that for a seat looking at the corner flag for the same price? No chance.

I agree free RAMS TV was an unexpected bonus last year, I’m not sure why they needed to do that?!

2 hours ago, angieram said:

You don’t think changing the pricing structure, when there were 8000 existing season ticket holders who had paid under the existing one, was a decision that perhaps was best left until the following season in the interests of fairness? Personally I think it would have made a lot more sense

I also don’t think the argument that you should pay more because you got something that the people who paid less also got is a particularly good response or valid argument either. 

£75/£100 obviously isn’t a great deal of money to some but it is to others and it can be the difference between going and not going. I think some on here don’t always seem to appreciate that.

Personally I think @DCFC1388and @ck- as well as the countless others, including myself, who have exactly the same issue should be either offered the difference between what they paid and what they would have done if they hadn’t helped the club out by leaving their money in it during the pandemic, or have the Rams Squad season tickets, bought in good faith, honoured. 

On a separate note I would like to applaud you both on receiving an email back from the club though ?

I checked mine last week. 
can’t remember the figures, but with the new categories and the 10+ year discount, mine has gone down in price compared to what I actually paid last summer (2020). 
My initial thought was that I will (I assume) be paying less next year, when I come to renew again. And I look forward to that. 
If anyone has had a result out of this, good luck to them. Personally, I’ll not be complaining about the fact I’ve “lost out” by renewing last year, and not asking for a refund. I also saw the free RamsTV as an added bonus, and a nice touch. 
No complaints here. 
?

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I checked mine last week. 
can’t remember the figures, but with the new categories and the 10+ year discount, mine has gone down in price compared to what I actually paid last summer (2020). 
My initial thought was that I will (I assume) be paying less next year, when I come to renew again. And I look forward to that. 
If anyone has had a result out of this, good luck to them. Personally, I’ll not be complaining about the fact I’ve “lost out” by renewing last year, and not asking for a refund. I also saw the free RamsTV as an added bonus, and a nice touch. 
No complaints here. 
?

Are you having to pay an additional £100 for a ticket that you already thought you had paid for as well though, but had cancelled with no communication from the club at all? 
A post a lot earlier in this thread said something along the lines of ‘you were happy to pay that then so you should now’. That argument doesn’t wash when you are being asked to stump up an additional £100 for the same tickets. 

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Are you having to pay an additional £100 for a ticket that you already thought you had paid for as well though, but had cancelled with no communication from the club at all? 
A post a lot earlier in this thread said something along the lines of ‘you were happy to pay that then so you should now’. That argument doesn’t wash when you are being asked to stump up an additional £100 for the same tickets. 

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying nobody should complain, just that I’m not, as I don’t feel hard done by. 
If you feel hard done by, of course you should complain, and from what I recall reading, (from you and others) some certainly have cause to at least moan on here, if not officially complain to the club. 
I’m well aware the club are not currently smelling of roses, and there are many disgruntled fans out there, for various reasons. I’ve had a couple of little moans myself, but on this specific subject, and in my own personal experience, there’s nothing for me to moan about. 
I fully appreciate you are in a different situation, and can fully respect why you feel aggrieved. 
I hope things get sorted for you mate, but like you, I’m not entirely confident they will. 
Good luck!  ??

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying nobody should complain, just that I’m not, as I don’t feel hard done by. 
If you feel hard done by, of course you should complain, and from what I recall reading, (from you and others) some certainly have cause to at least moan on here, if not officially complain to the club. 
I’m well aware the club are not currently smelling of roses, and there are many disgruntled fans out there, for various reasons. I’ve had a couple of little moans myself, but on this specific subject, and in my own personal experience, there’s nothing for me to moan about. 
I fully appreciate you are in a different situation, and can fully respect why you feel aggrieved. 
I hope things get sorted for you mate, but like you, I’m not entirely confident they will. 
Good luck!  ??

They won’t! It’s a classic case of how to further alienate your fanbase despite losing 10,000 of them so far. I think it is pretty apparent that no one there cares unfortunately.

I am pleased that the players have responded so well though. If they hadn’t I think Pride Park would have become an ugly place to be. Amazing how paying less seems to equal caring more on the playing front. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

Would that suggest we have around 16 to 17,000 sold?

If my memory serves me correctly, clubs cannot (or chose not to) make all seats available for season ticket sales and retain a percentage for match by match sales. Therefore, there wouldn't actually be 27-28,000 season tickets available for sale as you're assuming.

My guess is, there would be something like 21-22,000 season tickets available for purchase meaning perhaps 10,000 have been sold so far.

(Note, I stand to be corrected on all of the above).

Just now, Tamworthram said:

If my memory serves me correctly, clubs cannot (or chose not to) make all seats available for season ticket sales and retain a percentage for match by match sales. Therefore, there wouldn't actually be 27-28,000 season tickets available for sale as you're assuming.

My guess is, there would be something like 21-22,000 season tickets available for purchase meaning perhaps 10,000 have been sold so far.

Sounds about right.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Just over 11,500 seats available for season tickets now

I bet there's some tasty seats up for sale amongst those.

Now is definitely the time to be purchasing a new season ticket.

Harder if you want to relocate as it doesn't sound like they have the staff to cope with that at the moment.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I bet there's some tasty seats up for sale amongst those.

Now is definitely the time to be purchasing a new season ticket.

Harder if you want to relocate as it doesn't sound like they have the staff to cope with that at the moment.

I managed to relocate eventually.... I think they were sick of me asking and all of a sudden I think there's been a change of policy.

Will cost a few quid to your phone bill but it is possible.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I hear what you say but surely they have put all available for sale rather than blank out several thousand.  So if 11500 are avaialble to buy, the rest must already be bought?