v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

37 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I've bunged you a tenner - not so much pie and pint, more of a ciabatta and mineral water (I'm in the cultured South after all ?) but good luck to your club anyways.

Belting that VDM ?, it's looks like afew Derby fans from this forum have put a bob or two into the crowdfund. Superb in times like this?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Knight performances of late has dropped lol, he was star man against Brum, and he was also OK, Wednesday. Some fans have great memory's. 

Compared to his standards. Check out the match ratings. 6s and 7s ( and one 5)v Sheff wed. He’s better than that. Don’t think he had a shot. 

3 hours ago, Lancashire lad said:

Thanks alot for putting this on mate, the Derby County supporter who donated 10£ last night was the 200th person to donate . 

Much appreciat?

Just donated , gutted not to be there next week , Forest Green was ,my only non league away trip , don,t know how we won that day ! Missing the away trips ,  think Derby will go for it on the day , cos we're not good enough to rest players , Buchanan and Knight are 2 gr8 home grown talents , so hopefully you get to see them , all the best Lancs Lad 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Compared to his standards. Check out the match ratings. 6s and 7s ( and one 5)v Sheff wed. He’s better than that. Don’t think he had a shot. 

And star man 2 games ago against Brum, so he has not loss form of late, its 1 match, Knight has been good most of the season. Very important in our midfield 3.

There's no need for a rest per se as we won't have game during the week around this one. Rooney seems to prefer unchanged lineup so for that reason we need to mix it up a bit. It's fine if everyone is available but it'll be problem if someone is missing the game (e.g. Waghorn): the substitute won't have much of a match fitness. Therefore, I think it's important to give playing time for those around the first team: Bird, Evans, Lawrence, and Roos first and foremost. Also, Sibley needs to play to learn the tactic and could do with a goal as well.

I'd go with this:

Roos

McDonald     Wiz    Clarke     Buch/Fozzy

Bird 

Holmes            Evans          

Whittaker         CKR           Sibley

At least J. Brown and Stretton coming in from the bench, if the game allows it.

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

does that include cup games?

From DCFC website:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/12/staff-reaction-preston-north-end-december-2020.

Quote:

Rooney admits he had no complaints with Waghorn’s early dismissal.

The frontman will now serve a three-ban ban and miss the upcoming Sky Bet Championship fixtures at Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday either side of the New Year, as well as the Emirates FA Cup Third Round tie at Chorley next month.

2 hours ago, Lancashire lad said:

Belting that VDM ?, it's looks like afew Derby fans from this forum have put a bob or two into the crowdfund. Superb in times like this?

We're taking a risk here, Steve Gibson will probably report us to the EFL for money laundering via your account

38 minutes ago, hales300k said:

Just donated , gutted not to be there next week , Forest Green was ,my only non league away trip , don,t know how we won that day ! Missing the away trips ,  think Derby will go for it on the day , cos we're not good enough to rest players , Buchanan and Knight are 2 gr8 home grown talents , so hopefully you get to see them , all the best Lancs Lad 

Cheers for the donation Hales? the fans on this forum have now donated 105£ to Chorley FC crowdfunder???????

19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

There's no need for a rest per se as we won't have game during the week around this one. Rooney seems to prefer unchanged lineup so for that reason we need to mix it up a bit. It's fine if everyone is available but it'll be problem if someone is missing the game (e.g. Waghorn): the substitute won't have much of a match fitness. Therefore, I think it's important to give playing time for those around the first team: Bird, Evans, Lawrence, and Roos first and foremost. Also, Sibley needs to play to learn the tactic and could do with a goal as well.

I'd go with this:

Roos

McDonald     Wiz    Clarke     Buch/Fozzy

Bird 

Holmes            Evans          

Whittaker         CKR           Sibley

At least J. Brown and Stretton coming in from the bench, if the game allows it.

I would like to see Bobby Duncan in the squad for the match. 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

I’m sick of watching bird go sidewards, backwards and fail to support the attack. He doesn’t seem to be improving. I’d rather see someone else

Ouch. Not good enough for a run-out vs Chorley is damning.

I don't disagree that he hasn't been effective but surely this is the kind of game we can put him in for?

From what he said it will be a strong line up so can see

Roos

Byrne.   Wisdom  Clarke     Buchanan

Bird

Holmes          Sibley.          Lawrence 

CKR

SUBS

Marshall

Knight

Jowiak

Marriott (if fit) 

JHI

Evans

Forsythe

18 hours ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

It’s usually the type of fixture that waggy scores then talks about being a snip at £5 million. 
oh wait is he still not eligible? 

I may be wrong but I think suspensions are only in the same competition (could be talking baalocks and it be only yellow card suspensions are in the same competition) 

Edit: should try reading the rest of the thread first ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Can't say I've seen anything to suggest he's earnt it.  If we can pick anyone from the youth teams I'm going for Archie.

I’m not sure what constitutes deserving it based on 23s performances. It’s the logical step below the first team, bearing in mind the PL2 consists of all the country’s top Premier league sides. However Kaide Gordon hasn’t even appeared for the 23s but jumps directly to a 1st team squad.

Based on what I’ve seen in the 23s :-

Archie Brown always impresses me and I’d like to see him getting a look in but with Forsyth and Buchanan we are already strong that side.

Jordan Brown has been part of the first team training squad all season and is always steady if not eye catching in several positions.

Stretton has been the stand out eye catcher but I believe he is Injured

Shonibare always looks dangerous from wide but again I think he’s injured 

Hutchinson looks a talent and has 40 league 1 games under his belt which is a devil of a league physically

Watson has underwhelmed me apart from fleeting moments, but been part of the squad already

Duncan literally hasn’t been given a chance yet for whatever reason but has obvious pedigree 

All the GKs have looked talented

Excluding those injured I’d like to see these at least part of the squad v Chorley :-

A Brown

JBrown

I Hutchinson

Id start one of the GKs

M Whittaker

JHI 

Duncan needs to get minutes in 23s sooner rather than later. Stretton and Shonibare injured. Watson will be too lightweight away at Chorley (as will Gordon be)

Id look to rest :-

Marshall

Bielik

Knight

Shinnie

CKR

Have a mixed bench of experience if it goes wrong and youth if winning and it’s an opportunity to play them.

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

From what he said it will be a strong line up so can see

Roos

Byrne.   Wisdom  Clarke     Buchanan

Bird

Holmes          Sibley.          Lawrence 

CKR

SUBS

Marshall

Knight

Jowiak

Marriott (if fit) 

JHI

Evans

Forsythe

It's only Chorley but I'd still start with 11 players.

We can't just play the youth team... there's a reason 'Derby County XI's' struggle against teams such as Mickleover and Alfreton in pre-season. I'd keep a 'spine' of 1st teamers and fit some of the more promising youngsters around them. Something like this:

Roos
MacDonald, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan
Watson, Bird, Sibley
Whittaker, Hector-Ingram, Ibe

Archived