v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

Maybe we will have new recruits and maybe some will have left but currently      
                              Roos

macdonald    Dutch mike Evans    Buchanan     
                            Bird 

Knight.   Sibley 

jozwiak.          Richards.       Lawrence 

win the game before giving more inexperienced lads game time 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Derby blood said:

And star man 2 games ago against Brum, so he has not loss form of late, its 1 match, Knight has been good most of the season. Very important in our midfield 3.

Also had the proverbial kicked out of him all game yesterday with no protection from the ref. Kind of hard to dazzle when that's happening all game.

19 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not so much about giving players a rest but more about giving squad players more minutes and also not risking key players in less important games. ...

Roos - McDonald Evans MTW Buchanan - Watson Bird Holmes - Whittaker JHI Ibe

Idem Forsyth Wisdom Shinnie Sibley Lawrence Gordon Stretton (Marriott) CKR

Worth noting that all of that starting 11 have featured for the first team this season already so are part of the squad for the rest of the season, so give them some game time.

Thanks for explaining.

7 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

If any of you Derby fans are on twitter go on Chorley groundsman Ben Kay's twitter. He's just posted a video of himself on the snow covered pitch . The pitch folk doesn't even go into the grass it's that hard??

Bugger, not looking good for this going ahead then? Surely BT Sports may help in getting the game on. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Bugger, not looking good for this going ahead then? Surely BT Sports may help in getting the game on. 

They could just send Robbie Savage to stand at the side of the pitch and talk, hes full of hot air so will soon thaw out.

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

A little early to be worrying given it’s nearly a week away.

Forecast for the area suggests nighttime temperatures just below freezing (not unusual this time of year) but daytime temperatures above.

If all else fails, we could direct some of the heated debates and hot air on this forum up there ?

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A little early to be worrying given it’s nearly a week away.

Forecast for the area suggests nighttime temperatures just below freezing (not unusual this time of year) but daytime temperatures above.

If all else fails, we could direct some of the heated debates and hot air on this forum up there ?

You're quite correct, a bit too early to be worrying. Just going off living roughly 30mins from Chorley. We had quite a heavy snowfall yesterday and the daytime temp doesn't look to be getting much above freezing. Better to reassess it nearer the time though. 

2 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

Let's boost the crowdfunder for some heaters???

I haven't donated yet but fully intend to. Just waiting to see how big my credit card bill is before I commit. I feel morally obliged to donate living so close and considering the missus works at Chorley hospital. ?

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

I haven't donated yet but fully intend to. Just waiting to see how big my credit card bill is before I commit. I feel morally obliged to donate living so close and considering the missus works at Chorley hospital. ?

Good on you pal. My lad was born at Chorley Hospital .It been a crying Shame what the government did to the A and E there?

25 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Do NOT play any key players in this game. Play mostly academy players with a few experienced players on the bench. It will not bother me if we lose this one playing academy players. Avoiding relegation is still the name of the game.

Spot on, we have a very limited squad as it is,i would of preferred to get a Prem team and got tonked than a non league side to be fair as this could be embarrassing however we have more important things to worry about,survival 

1 minute ago, Lancashire lad said:

Good on you pal. My lad was born at Chorley Hospital .It been a crying Shame what the government did to the A and E there?

It is, you're right. The whole hospital is under funded. The missus works in admin there and their office is dilapidated and barely habitable. Anyhow, back on topic, let's hope this game goes ahead. I've actually played on Victory Park many years ago for my works team.

I'd be happy that the game doesn't go ahead and we give Chorley a bye quite honestly.

Seems like a no win situation for Rooney, play the reserves and we'll get beat.

Play a full strength team and we could win. But that means we are then already putting extra exertions on our wafer thin squad meaning players will likely need to be rested for league games. Or we could draw and then have to suffer playing another game like we need an extra hole in the head. Or we get one of our key players injured. Or sent off. Or suspended if booked and takes them over the threshold. 

If I were Rooney I'd send the under 23s up there and face the wrath of the FA. 

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'd be happy that the game doesn't go ahead and we give Chorley a bye quite honestly.

Seems like a no win situation for Rooney, play the reserves and we'll get beat.

Play a full strength team and we could win. But that means we are then already putting extra exertions on our wafer thin squad meaning players will likely need to be rested for league games. Or we could draw and then have to suffer playing another game like we need an extra hole in the head. Or we get one of our key players injured. Or sent off. Or suspended if booked and takes them over the threshold. 

If I were Rooney I'd send the under 23s up there and face the wrath of the FA. 

No replays in this year's FA CUP.  Extra times then penalties if required

Archived