Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Every assurance turns out to be false. You think the club would have said "imminent" and all the rest without assurances from Derventio that they were ready to complete?

And now they have promised to pay the payroll and come up short ... again.

Bullshooters is damn right.

Oh yes, and they knocked their lawyers for £500k.

Steer clear Mel!

Just out of interest, which assurances are you referring to?

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

That's the spirit

Not much point banging on about profitability and sustainability if a club can’t even pay its players on time. 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Burnley have now been taken over.

Which has been a 6 month process has it not?

Few issues here, lack of patience, wanting to know what’s going on and no experience of ever selling a football club to know the ins and outs of a transaction this size. 

Even down to the players potentially being paid late, I mean we don’t actually know if they have been paid late, the snippet of the letter was simply warning the players of the possibility. 

I just find it bizarre that this is being labelled a shambles, calling both sides unprofessional. 

It’s almost like we go through life with no hiccups to our plans, no delays, everything runs smoothly like clockwork and shame on you everyone else that can’t live up to our standards.

I mean jeez, come on, if anyone on here has ever sold a football club of this size, speak up, educate me if I’m speaking out of turn here, educate us all as right now this looks like nothing more than a standard Derby County fans overreaction to a minor delay. 

Oh and has anyone stopped to ask those that are affected by this if they have an issue with potentially being paid a few days late, I mean what if they are ok with this, understand these things happen? 

Sorry @Rampage, none of this is aimed at you, just seeing some of the replies in here, the other topic and Twitter. Everything has to be dramatised and calling out people for being incompetent. 

It’s New Year’s Eve, crack a drink open and say goodbye to what has been a disaster of a year. 

Also @DarkFruitsRam7 this is what you call defending all parties involved in this, sending me bananas reading this stuff, had to let off a little.

Off to take my own advice and crack open a beer, but earlier than I would like and if I’m asleep by midnight I’m blaming you lot (some of you lot)

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Just out of interest, which assurances are you referring to?

I thought I had explained in the post. There must have been assurances that they were ready to complete, otherwise the club wouldn't have said "imminent" and "very soon", and Rooney wouldn't have said 24/48 hours. Those assurances proved false. As did the assurance that the players would be paid today.

Then you add on the fact that there is a £500k judgment against them for their lawyers' fees. Because they knocked their lawyers. 

Some people always have an excuse. My advice is never to do business with those people.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Few issues here, lack of patience, wanting to know what’s going on and no experience of ever selling a football club to know the ins and outs of a transaction this size. 

Even down to the players potentially being paid late, I mean we don’t actually know if they have been paid late, the snippet of the later was simply warning the players of the possibility. 

I just find it bizarre that this is being labelled a shambles, calling both sides unprofessional. 

It’s almost like we go through life with no hiccups to our plans, no delays, everything runs smoothly like clockwork and shame on you everyone else that can’t live up to our standards.

I mean jeez, come on, if anyone on here has ever sold a football club of this size, speak up, educate me if I’m speaking out of turn here, educate us all as right now this looks like nothing more than a standard Derby County fans overreaction to a minor delay. 

Oh and has anyone stopped to ask those that are affected by this if they have an issue with potentially being paid a few days late, I mean what if they are ok with this, understand these things happen? 

Sorry @Rampage, none of this is aimed at you, just seeing some of the replies in here, the other topic and Twitter. Everything has to be dramatised and calling out people for being incompetent. 

It’s New Year’s Eve, crack a drink open and say goodbye to what has been a disaster of a year. 

Also @DarkFruitsRam7 this is what you call defending all parties involved in this, sending me bananas reading this stuff, had to let off a little.

Off to take my own advice and crack open a beer, but earlier than I would like and if I’m asleep by midnight I’m blaming you lot (some of you lot)

@Davidwe live in the ‘age of outrage’ don’t you know!! ?

18 minutes ago, David said:

Even down to the players potentially being paid late, I mean we don’t actually know if they have been paid late, the snippet of the later was simply warning the players of the possibility. 

I’m not a fan of people constantly begging for news of the takeover either. I probably check into that thread once a week.

I’ve just started on the whisky.

Just now, Gisby said:

@Davidwe live in the ‘age of outrage’ don’t you know!! ?

And free Heineken. Ordered 8 cans online from the Spar, they sent 12, just wondering if the delivery guy is a member on this forum and can feel my pain. Anyhow, I'm a happy boy now ?

2 hours ago, David said:

Well we’ll soon find out, the club have been assured funds have been remitted to close the transaction. That’s what the players have been told.

Also note that the club contacted the players prior to let them know, this isn’t a wake up, check the bank balance and where’s our money. 

Not entirely sure the process of sending millions to another bank account, I doubt it’s as quick as sending a mate a tenner through PayPal.

The way my mates pay their footy subs it sounds about right! Expect it to be done by mid February or they just buy Mel a couple of pints instead ?

2 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Every assurance turns out to be false. You think the club would have said "imminent" and all the rest without assurances from Derventio that they were ready to complete?

And now they have promised to pay the payroll and come up short ... again.

Bullshooters is damn right.

Oh yes, and they knocked their lawyers for £500k.

Steer clear Mel!

First no one has given assurances only 2 statements from the club none from Derventio so no one apart from the 2 parties know the reasons for the delay so we can only surmise who or what is delaying matters. 

2nd Where have they “promised” to pay the payroll ? Not seen that ?

3rd They have made no comments so how can they be bull shooters ??

4th Do you know the details of the case work the lawyers ? I have queried Solicitors bills in the past and won . 

Let’s see facts before castigating . 

14 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I thought I had explained in the post. There must have been assurances that they were ready to complete, otherwise the club wouldn't have said "imminent" and "very soon", and Rooney wouldn't have said 24/48 hours. Those assurances proved false. As did the assurance that the players would be paid today.

Then you add on the fact that there is a £500k judgment against them for their lawyers' fees. Because they knocked their lawyers. 

Some people always have an excuse. My advice is never to do business with those people.

How do you identify "these people" and how do you know the potential new owners gave any assurances? Maybe everyone concerned believed that, on the basis of how the takeover was progressing, that it would be completed "imminently" and "very soon". Do you know that the delays are the fault of the potential new owners? Maybe, if assurances were given, they were based on other parties doing things they needed to within a particular timescale.

I share most peoples concerns over the potential takeover but I'm not jumping to conclusions that the new owners gave specific assurances that they have now broken. Maybe they did but we just don't know.

2 hours ago, David said:

Not entirely sure the process of sending millions to another bank account, I doubt it’s as quick as sending a mate a tenner through PayPal.

I thought it was unsequenced bank notes shoved into brown envelopes secreted behind the cistern in trap 2 of Markeaton Park toilets to be fair. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

Absolutely bang on.

Happy New Year and all that ?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Failure to pay staff on time...again. 

Not exactly a sign of a well run ship, is it?

New owner's fault, takeover's fault, admin error's fault...whatever. That's twice now that this has happened under Mel Morris. Gross. 

No.  Not gross.  The PAYE has already been paid in.  It's only the nett that's late!

Oh... erm... I think I may have... Oh, forget it!   

Archived