Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I thought it was unsequenced bank notes shoved into brown envelopes secreted behind the cistern in trap 2 of Markeaton Park toilets to be fair. 

Never had one of those kinda mates so wouldn't know ?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The extremely worrying and suspicious part of this story is not that Derventio did not send the funds to DCFC, but they did not send the cash even to their own lawyers.

Did DCFC's lawyers get proof of funding at the commencement of negotiations for this deal or not?

9 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

First no one has given assurances only 2 statements from the club none from Derventio so no one apart from the 2 parties know the reasons for the delay so we can only surmise who or what is delaying matters. 

2nd Where have they “promised” to pay the payroll ? Not seen that ?

3rd They have made no comments so how can they be bull shooters ??

4th Do you know the details of the case work the lawyers ? I have queried Solicitors bills in the past and won . 

Let’s see facts before castigating . 

Mate, you don't get a high court judgment against you if you've successfully queried the bill. You get it for being a non-payer.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you identify "these people" and how do you know the potential new owners gave any assurances? Maybe everyone concerned believed that, on the basis of how the takeover was progressing, that it would be completed "imminently" and "very soon". Do you know that the delays are the fault of the potential new owners? Maybe, if assurances were given, they were based on other parties doing things they needed to within a particular timescale.

I share most peoples concerns over the potential takeover but I'm not jumping to conclusions that the new owners gave specific assurances that they have now broken. Maybe they did but we just don't know.

Fair enough, but if it were me I would be out. Seems obvious to me, I hope I'm wrong!

?

3 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Mate, you don't get a high court judgment against you if you've successfully queried the bill. You get it for being a non-payer.

Let us all know the details of the case then . Why the bill wasn’t paid ? What the defence was. Always 2 sides to a story. 

You may be right you may be wrong but so far it’s just your opinion on this not facts. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's a shame Percy hasn't followed up his initial story with this update but then, good (relatively speaking) news does't attract attention.

It's a shame Percy ran the story at all, but he has a job to do so you kinda understand it. The article certainly gained attention whilst most of the country are settling down in front of the box or zoom calls, clickity click. 

Hoping whoever leaked this did so with the intention of look, the final handshakes are being made, we're almost there and not a disgruntled player. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

It's a shame Percy ran the story at all, but he has a job to do so you kinda understand it. The article certainly gained attention whilst most of the country are settling down in front of the box or zoom calls, clickity click. 

Hoping whoever leaked this did so with the intention of look, the final handshakes are being made, we're almost there and not a disgruntled player. 

Maybe the bog cleaner can't pay their mortgage?

To be fair I've been a salaried employee for 27 years, and not once have I not been paid on time. If small businesses can get this right, I expect multi-million pound industries like football should be able to do likewise.

Regardless of reasons why, it should never happen.

Just now, Grumpy Git said:

Maybe the bog cleaner can't pay their mortgage?

The bog cleaner would have been given advanced warning like the others, could have taken the letter to his mortgage company if his monthly payment was unfortunately due, if they haven't been paid yet. 

Mortgage companies are understanding, we have taken a payment break ourselves due to the missus being furloughed, different circumstances I know, but the point is, they won't be dragged out their house over a late payment. 

Looks like was a player, see key part of the Telegraph article.

"In a letter sent to players which has been seen by Telegraph Sport, Derby’s chief executive Stephen Pearce wrote: “On behalf of Derby County Football Club, Mel Morris, and prospective new owners Derventio Holdings, we collectively apologise, that due to an unexpected and last minute delay in the closing of the sale transaction, that your December pay will most likely be delayed until next week.

“We have been assured by Derventio that the closing funds have been remitted, but as at this morning they had not arrived in their lawyer’s client account."

“As soon as they arrive, the transaction will close and we will process any outstanding payroll amounts immediately.”

Just now, David said:

The bog cleaner would have been given advanced warning like the others, could have taken the letter to his mortgage company if his monthly payment was unfortunately due, if they haven't been paid yet. 

Mortgage companies are understanding, we have taken a payment break ourselves due to the missus being furloughed, different circumstances I know, but the point is, they won't be dragged out their house over a late payment. 

But the reason it has happened is because the bank account is empty.

Totally unavoidable and shameless.

1 minute ago, David said:

Difference is one is done proactively, one is reactive. Try not paying the mortgage company without taking a payment break.

If you ever think your life is meaningless and nobody would care if you weren't here, try missing a mortgage payment.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Let us all know the details of the case then . Why the bill wasn’t paid ? What the defence was. Always 2 sides to a story. 

You may be right you may be wrong but so far it’s just your opinion on this not facts. 

If there was a defence, it plainly did not wash, because there is a judgment. That surely, is a fact, not an opinion.

Opinions may differ on how important it is ...?

Archived