Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

7 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Makes you wonder how it leaked

I was wondering this. How did Percy get hold of this information ? Did it come from someone at the club or the club’s bank ?

This actually bothers me more than the late payment to be honest. If it turns out the information came from someone at the club when we’re trying to build a feelgood factor they need rooting out and removed in my opinion.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However you look at it. It's unethical totally unprofessional irrespective of the take over.

Can't imagine this will help attract any new signings or loane s come January. Irrespective of the buyout being legit or not, it appears to have been dealt with at best inffiencently and with irresponsibility.

Either Mel can't be arsed with the day to day running of the club or new owners are too tight arsed to ensure staff are paid on time. Either way a bloody shambles and doesn't bode well for  new owners splashing any cash.

Shame on you DCFC. 

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Are club that cash strapped they need the money from the new owners?

Wouldn’t surprise me if that is the case to be fair but I bet currently, month in, month out it’s a real issue managing cash flow.

Better for club to write to the players than let it come out in the press that we hadn’t. 

Still slightly worrying - I mean why only now have the new owners only deposited cash with the lawyers for instance.

It’s not necessarily a case of the club (under Mel) being cash strapped.

It looks like the transaction hasn’t completed yet when it was supposed to have.

Mel would be expecting the other party to have completed and paid the wages if they fell after the takeover.

Mel will not pay the wages if he expects the other party to!

This could be an admin problem, it’s a bad time of year for transactions of this magnitude. However as others have said this doesn't look good from a PR perspective!

I'm sure this will be resolved very quickly but it's all a bit daft and unprofessional. Makes us look rubbish and from that perspective it is concerning.

I think though, we as a fan base, have a responsibility to not make this a big deal. We have to avoid "being the story" as best as we can because every time we end up in the news, it derails us on the pitch.

We're doing so well on the pitch in our last few games, I don't want this to be a distraction. I'm sure the players themselves as the ones who will be paid late have their own concerns about this, but we need to move quickly onwards and focus on the football.

I know the ramifications here, and what it might imply about the new owners, but Sheff Weds tomorrow could be a huge game and the last thing we need is for this story to get in the way.

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I was wondering this. How did Percy get hold of this information ? Did it come from someone at the club or the club’s bank ?

This actually bothers me more than the late payment to be honest. If it turns out the information came from someone at the club when we’re trying to build a feelgood factor they need rooting out and removed in my opinion.

You don’t think that as soon as the players didn’t get paid that at least one of them would be straight on the phone to their agent who in turn would be straight on the phone to the press?? 

13 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Having lived and worked for 15 years in the UAE (6 years Abu Dhabi & 9 years Dubai), I can assure you there are many differences when dealing with contracts with the different states.

I heard you can't watch "the Flintstones" in Dubai, but you can in Abu Dhabi DOO

Just now, MuespachRam said:

You don’t think that as soon as the players didn’t get paid that at least one of them would be straight on the phone to their agent who in turn would be straight on the phone to the press?? 

They were warned in advance, so no, I don't think that's how it happened.

11 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

If it turns out the information came from someone at the club when we’re trying to build a feelgood factor they need rooting out and removed in my opinion.

What could help you feel good as much as being paid for your work on time?

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Very serious indeed. If it applies to the academy players as well, does this mean that Dixon was docked greens?

(with apologies to younger readers who won't have a clue what I'm on about)

Don’t panda to the youngsters, treat them with caution.

They’re probably too bizzies with kid stuff anyways!

Right I’m going to get a nice slice of battenburg and watch Babylon!

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

However you look at it. It's unethical totally unprofessional irrespective of the take over.

Can't imagine this will help attract any new signings or loane s come January. Irrespective of the buyout being legit or not, it appears to have been dealt with at best inffiencently and with irresponsibility.

Either Mel can't be arsed with the day to day running of the club or new owners are too tight arsed to ensure staff are paid on time. Either way a bloody shambles and doesn't bode well for  new owners splashing any cash.

Shame on you DCFC. 

Agree 100%. To let this happen now when we've just turned the corner on the pitch is a complete dereliction of duty by the current ownership structure. Could easily damage morale to the extent that it affects results, which increases the risk that whoever owns the club owns a League One club for the 21/22 season. Whatever last minute logistical issues have arisen (and personally I'll only be convinced it's happening when it's a done deal), arrangements should have been in place to ensure the players got paid regardless. A bridging loan for example. Given the history of this takeover so far, further hitches shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone. Until the deal goes through it's Morris's club and therefore Morris's responsibility.

32 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

The Sheikh is from Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. 

Although Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al-Quwain, Fujairah & Ras Al-Khamaih (7 federal states) all make up the country known as the United Arab Emirates  (UAE), they are all have their own federal councils, controlled by different Sheikh's and families.

Therefore, the Abu Dhabi Sheikh (new owner of DCFC) will not have any association with Dubai from a governmental or financial matter.

Having lived and worked for 15 years in the UAE (6 years Abu Dhabi & 9 years Dubai), I can assure you there are many differences when dealing with contracts with the different states.

I didn’t say he was from Dubai did I? ?

59 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I wasn't paid by the Police 2 or 3 times when I was a bobby, it is one of those things  

did you send The Bill to the wrong place ?

Archived