Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was Henry Gabay, who I believe was just going to be an investor (or his fund was). I believe he's since appeared in court in relation to tax evasion or something along those lines. 

Well if he’s not, I’m sure he’ll let you know.

18 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Another black mark against these Derventio bullshooters.

Not sure how someone can be a bull shooter when they have made no comment. 
apart from an unsettled court case we don’t really know the details of I’m not aware of any “black marks “ not with standing Ashley who is know for bs and some random claiming to be Newcastle fan on the tinteret. I’m happy to let things play out before casting Derventio as bad guys. 
I’ve no idea if they are or not time will tell 

9 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not sure how someone can be a bull shooter when they have made no comment. 
apart from an unsettled court case we don’t really know the details of I’m not aware of any “black marks “ not with standing Ashley who is know for bs and some random claiming to be Newcastle fan on the tinteret. I’m happy to let things play out before casting Derventio as bad guys. 
I’ve no idea if they are or not time will tell 

Every assurance turns out to be false. You think the club would have said "imminent" and all the rest without assurances from Derventio that they were ready to complete?

And now they have promised to pay the payroll and come up short ... again.

Bullshooters is damn right.

Oh yes, and they knocked their lawyers for £500k.

Steer clear Mel!

Looks like we will know any time if this takeover is for real or not then.

As soon as the monies arrive then it closes the transaction and the 'prospective' new owners then become 'actual' owners and on we go.

If it doesn't arrive then we know they are full of crap and wasted our time.

Either way, the time scale is down to the next week or bust.

Are club that cash strapped they need the money from the new owners?

Wouldn’t surprise me if that is the case to be fair but I bet currently, month in, month out it’s a real issue managing cash flow.

Better for club to write to the players than let it come out in the press that we hadn’t. 

Still slightly worrying - I mean why only now have the new owners only deposited cash with the lawyers for instance.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Still slightly worrying - I mean why only now have the new owners only deposited cash with the lawyers for instance.

To use the house buying analogy again, you don't send the money until Ts are crossed and Is are dotted. Also, the more money the sending, the more checks and balances are in place so it takes a bit of time.

25 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It’s a bank holiday in Dubai isn’t it?

The Sheikh is from Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. 

Although Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al-Quwain, Fujairah & Ras Al-Khamaih (7 federal states) all make up the country known as the United Arab Emirates  (UAE), they are all have their own federal councils, controlled by different Sheikh's and families.

Therefore, the Abu Dhabi Sheikh (new owner of DCFC) will not have any association with Dubai from a governmental or financial matter.

Having lived and worked for 15 years in the UAE (6 years Abu Dhabi & 9 years Dubai), I can assure you there are many differences when dealing with contracts with the different states.

31 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Another black mark against these Derventio bullshooters.

31 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Based on what that Newcastle fan said, this sounds more concerning than failing to pay the wages, to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Topram said:

Everything just seems dodgy how many times have we seen or heard about them not paying up 

Quoting all three here as the point is the same on all occasions. 

So far we've had two communications from the club regarding this takeover. If we are to take this story as accurate with the letter sent to the players then I'm yet to see one occasion where the prospective owners have been dodgy other than some lingering rumours from fans of other clubs with no evidence whatsoever. 

This isn't as simple as 'sending some money to an account'. I'd say it's unlikely that the funds are all being provided by one person (ie the Sheikh) and as such the funds have to come from a number of bodies and transferred to Derventio first. Money Laundering Regulations aside that would be a logistical nightmare. On receipt of all the funds they may be sent to a number of companies or simply Mel himself, either way that kind of money transfer is not a done in one day job. 

We've seen this going on for probably no more than 6 months as this point, given something as simple as buying a house or financing a car can roll into the months bracket then a takeover of this size is hardly surprising (espcially given the ownership/charge over the stadium). 

Unless we see something more concrete come out in January I wouldn't take this story with any real concern. 

I might be being daft but this seems pretty expected with how close the deal is. Why would Morris pay a chunk of wages when the new owners are willing to pay them and have sent money already for these to be paid?

Its simply a case of waiting for the money to hit the lawyers bank and this is all done. 

Not much of a story in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

How did you cope? I suppose you just had to plod on. ?

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I bet he had to raid his piggy bank

16 minutes ago, David said:

Hello hello hello, what do we have here then? ?

This is a serious subject, please give the puns arrest.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I might be being daft but this seems pretty expected with how close the deal is. Why would Morris pay a chunk of wages when the new owners are willing to pay them and have sent money already for these to be paid?

Its simply a case of waiting for the money to hit the lawyers bank and this is all done. 

Not much of a story in my opinion.

I agree. Although could they have come up with an agreement that Mel would pay the wages this month, and the shiek can pay him back when it all goes through. 

I imagine you couldn’t do something like that on a gentleman’s agreement though, so it would probably take longer to officially sort out that agreement than it would to just wait fkr the takeover to be complete and the money to arrive. 

Archived