v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

7 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Not for me, He came to punch but punched it high in the air rather than distance, Wednesday put it back in headed on and a little nick and it goes in, 4 pink shirts and Marshall are out fought by a Wednesday forward...poor defending.

He came to punch and was partially blocked by his own players and didn't put any distance in the ball. Then one Wednesday player got to the ball first while 4 Derby defenders stood and watched and probably partially unsighted Marshall being generous to him. 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

Can only comment on the updates from sky sports text service but read like we were the better team.

Absolute shocker of a goal to give away, if Roos doesn't get his chance in between the sticks now he never will, Marshall just doesn't command his area enough and if he is Scotlands number 1 in the Euros they will be coming home early.

If you think Roos would of done better with that you are potentially still drunk from last night.

43 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Then we will have a great chance of taking something from the game,  finally a comment that doesn't make me lose faith in mankind ?

haha, it's nice to be nice. Unfortunatley not enough people agree

Let’s get something straight here. We murdered Wednesday tonight. We absolutely battered them! Before they scored if we had been 3-0 up it wouldn’t have flattered us. Until they scored that first hour performance was better than Birmingham, the last 30 mins wasn’t that bad either although granted the goal knocked the stuffing out of us, but we still managed to create some chances. I’m astonished we lost that game. We’ve probably created more chances in the past two games than in all 11 games under Cocu.   That’s the biggest difference between now and under Cocu.

Tonight was one of those games. But we’re continuing to play well and create chances. If we were pushing for the playoffs then I’d be hacked off at a crucial 3 points dropped. But we’re not, the objective is safety and we will be well clear of the bottom 3 come the end of the season if we continue to play  well. I would be more worried if I was a Wednesday fan.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Wasn’t there someone on here counting the amount of decisions against us this season? Be interested to hear how many that makes it.

Not to be a conspiracist but some of them are unexplainable and does look like they’re against us, especially if the 4th official is even seeing it, we got nothing all game from him either. 

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll still say and get slagged off for it a number of our goals against Brum were totally gifted to us and 4-0 wasn't a reflective score. 

Where we then deluded ourselves was thinking that other teams would then show the same amount of generosity and the end result was this evening.

If you're relying on teams giving you free goals all the time then you've got serious issues which our league position is a testament to.

Agree, we probably should have had 6 at Brum. If you are disappointed with our last 2 displays, 2 away games we have totally dominated and restricted the opposition to next to nothing, then it is you who is not being fair....

Thinking about it the first half showed we have the ability to create chances, it’s more the attitude and character of the players that makes us look like we don’t. Everyone was so flustered and angry after their goal, we got impatient and lazy, flew into tackles. So much time was wasted by giving away the ball lazily and conceding free kicks that we didn’t really concede in the first half. 

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

90% didn't want Rooney then the majority did want Rooney. Last game we are a good side now we are not good enough again. Forgive me for not taking the views of most on here seriously. 

I didn’t and I still don’t, so forgive me for...um, oh who cares. 

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Let’s get something straight here. We murdered Wednesday tonight. We absolutely battered them! Before they scored if we had been 3-0 up it wouldn’t have flattered us. Until they scored that first hour performance was better than Birmingham, the last 30 mins wasn’t that bad either although granted the goal knocked the stuffing out of us, but we still managed to create some chances. I’m astonished we lost that game. We’ve probably created more chances in the past two games than in all 11 games under Cocu.   That’s the biggest difference between now and under Cocu.

Tonight was one of those games. But we’re continuing to play well and create chances. If we were pushing for the playoffs then I’d be hacked off at a crucial 3 points dropped. But we’re not, the objective is safety and we will be well clear of the bottom 3 come the end of the season if we continue to play  well. I would be more worried if I was a Wednesday fan.

Exactly ?

25 minutes ago, enachops said:

No, far from. It’s just the odd fan throwing their toys out the pram and talking nonsense! 

I think Marshall is the best we have, and quite good enough. But there were TWO moments. He should have come for the free kick end of the first half (almost a goal). And certainly he needed to be stronger when they scored.  

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He came to punch and was partially blocked by his own players and didn't put any distance in the ball. Then one Wednesday player got to the ball first while 4 Derby defenders stood and watched and probably partially unsighted Marshall being generous to him. 

He didn't reach the ball. Paterson headed it.  ;

46 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

Can only comment on the updates from sky sports text service but read like we were the better team.

Absolute shocker of a goal to give away, if Roos doesn't get his chance in between the sticks now he never will, Marshall just doesn't command his area enough and if he is Scotlands number 1 in the Euros they will be coming home early.

Your first mistake was relying on Sky Sports updates as an appropriate indicator of the game.

Your second mistake was stating that we should replace a keeper for a poor punch this evening for one who notoriously is absymal with crosses and doesn't command his penalty area.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree, we probably should have had 6 at Brum. If you are disappointed with our last 2 displays, 2 away games we have totally dominated and restricted the opposition to next to nothing, then it is you who is not being fair....

If there was a quizzical emoji I would have given one to your post. 

5 minutes ago, adamscybot said:

If you think Roos would of done better with that you are potentially still drunk from last night.

Right not really made myself clear so apologies.

In no way am i saying Roos is a better option than Marshall, He certainly has had the chance to keep the jersey in the past and failed. What i am saying is if i was Roos i would be looking at Marshalls display thinking i might get my chance again now and i need to take it if not i need to move on.

15 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Just a quick shout out for Kazim who I thought was excellent tonight & my MOM.

Not for me, missed a golden chance - game changer - and did little else bar bits and bobs. He needs a rest but who else is there?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why is that a silver lining? If we have no money for transfers or the takeover rumbles on just knowing we need new recruits won't help us.

The person who sanctioned not replacing our highest goalscorer for the past number of seasons this summer needs to be totally castigated. 

Your last paragraph is totally it for me this season. This isnt about Martin and Marriott themselves before anyone starts that off but not replacing

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Your first mistake was relying on Sky Sports updates as an appropriate indicator of the game.

Your second mistake was stating that we should replace a keeper for a poor punch this evening for one who notoriously is absymal with crosses and doesn't command his penalty area.

Are you saying Wednesday deserved to win that game?

Archived