v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Why?

Genuinely don't know what you mean by that. Am not saying that I don't think we deserved to beat Birmingham am saying that 2 of our goals were given to us on a plate and a third was a penalty.

And if they had scored first would we have seen the same result? History says not. 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Genuinely don't know what you mean by that. Am not saying that I don't think we deserved to beat Birmingham am saying that 2 of our goals were given to us on a plate and a third was a penalty.

And if they had scored first would we have seen the same result? History says not. 

One goal was a GK error, the CKR goal wasn’t gifted to us, well worked goal from the flick on from the corner. If other teams make mistakes capitalise on them which we did. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

He's just going to say he didn't see it.

Probably. Be interesting to know why the 4th official wasn’t able to talk to him, are they only allowed to if there’s an issue on the touchline? 

Just seems a little bizarre if so. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Your first mistake was relying on Sky Sports updates as an appropriate indicator of the game.

Your second mistake was stating that we should replace a keeper for a poor punch this evening for one who notoriously is absymal with crosses and doesn't command his penalty area.

Who do you suggest i rely on then? 

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

This isnt about Martin and Marriott themselves before anyone starts that off but not replacing

Yep. Makes you wonder if Wayne has two lists of transfers, why couldn't Cocu find any? Or did they not want to come?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We got what we deserved by being totally profligate infront of goal then gifting them a sloppy goal to boot. 

No we didn’t. Sometimes you don’t get what you deserve in football. On your thinking QPR deserved to beat us at Wembley. Total nonsense.

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

A sickening result but the performances are unrecognisable from the ones under Cocu. Not just here and there either, pretty much every time. 

The players look up for it and seem to genuinely care about the shirt and their performances.

I'm far from an optimist by nature but I'm confident of a comfortable 11th to 14th midtable finish this season.

That’s kinda where I’m at ... although I am a bit of a pessimist and am currently rather fearful as to where we are 

said it hundred times this window is huge ... the ownership needs resuming quickly .. we need recruits 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

One goal was a GK error, the CKR goal wasn’t gifted to us, well worked goal from the flick on from the corner. If other teams make mistakes capitalise on them which we did. 

I totally agree with you and that's always been my stance.

Unfortunately as we saw tonight we struggle to convert chances ourselves when the opposition isn't being as generous as Birmingham were. And not every team is going to be that generous week in week out.

Although some more esteemed posters than myself have already pointed out that we seem to manage to do it. Tongue in cheek naturally.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I didn't think it was a penalty, and thought the ref had a good game.

Having not read the rest of the thread, I assume that's the consensus?

Nope unfortunately. Stonewall penalty and the ref let lots of rough stuff by Wendies players go unpunished.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Unfortunately as we saw tonight we struggle to convert chances ourselves when the opposition isn't being as generous as Birmingham were.

We converted Brum's 'generosity' - they did not put the ball in their own net, or did they?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not for me, missed a golden chance - game changer - and did little else bar bits and bobs. He needs a rest but who else is there?

Not sure about golden chance - he did well to get a head on it. We missed easier chances than that - Clarke, Bielik, Sibley early second half

Like I said in the match ratings, CKR was key to how effective we were for that first hour. We either knocked it around Wednesday or the ball went long to Kazim - he won pretty much everything. We had something like 20 touches in their box after the first 30 mins - that was largely down to the platform CKR provided.

He also worked really hard chasing down defenders & their keeper - didn't look obviously tired to me. The problems tonight certainly weren't his fault.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not for me, missed a golden chance - game changer - and did little else bar bits and bobs. He needs a rest but who else is there?

? it was a Golden chance wasn’t it. If it hits him anywhere below his hairline it’s a goal.  His nose, eyeball, cheek, mouth, chin or more preferably his forehead it’s 1-0 , but seen easier chances missed every week in the premiership, so can’t criticise to much, will console myself with him starting the move and an inspired run into the box.

?

Archived