v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It was like qpr at Wembley. 

dominated but still lacking a cutting edge.

I can see Jozwiak moving into central midfield. We are still looking for a winger.

As Harry Wilson did under Lampard? Not the worst idea I’ve seen but Shinnie and Knight partnership isn’t really the issue is it?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, enachops said:

No, far from. It’s just the odd fan throwing their toys out the pram and talking nonsense! 

Wow, so because i don't rate him as a strong goalkeeper i am immediately castigated and labelled as a mardy arse throwing my toys out of the pram. it's only an opinion nothing more nothing less

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thats my point that you've overlooked. Some of the goals we scored against Brum were totally gifted to us, when we've had to actually produce some skill or composure in front of goal ourself we've been sadly lacking.

I'd agree with that, but we have created them ourselves through good play, you could argue better chances than we created against Brum. That's not down to the opposition gifting us the chances, that's more down to having a player with the composure in front of goal.

I do kind of understand what you are trying to say, so apologies for that, but still would disagree as tonight for me was the first time this season we have created that number of clear chances.

24 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Did he bottle it or just not see it ? He gave a goal kick to start with so I do wonder.

People moan about VAR, but this is why it's needed, it does much more good than bad.

I would be in favour of VAR if it was for red cards and penalties.  Also I think a team should have two challenges a game on any decision bar offsides to be left to officials only as these two millimetre rulings are going to ruin the game.

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I didn't see the game but has Marshall really gone from the best keeper since....I don't know when, to being so poor he should be dropped?

Not for me, He came to punch but punched it high in the air rather than distance, Wednesday put it back in headed on and a little nick and it goes in, 4 pink shirts and Marshall are out fought by a Wednesday forward...poor defending.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would be in favour of VAR if it was for red cards and penalties.  Also I think a team should have two challenges a game on any decision bar offsides to be left to officials only as these two millimetre rulings are going to ruin the game.

Fair shout, but for me offside is offside, doesn't matter if it's 2mm or 2m. VAR let's the linesperson keep their flag down if in doubt, in the championship the benefit of the doubt to the attacker seems to have disappeared.

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Totally agree with you, another reason why we are in the league position we are.

Point was that if you are hoping teams gift you goals for you to be able to score and also you are gifting the same goals to the opposition it's a toxic and invariably fatal combination.

Not sure our 4th at Brum was a gift.

No-one to blame but ourselves. Even against a team as dismal as Wednesday, you can't have as many chances as we had that first hour & expect to win matches.

Sadly we've seen a few first halves like today already this season. Bournemouth away we were totally dominant, same at Luton, same at Forest, same against Wycombe, The lack of quality when presented with chances is something that really hasn't been addressed yet & I totally agree with those who point to Birmingham as an outlier - at least 2 goals were laid on a plate for us there & one was a penalty. We are still really weak at converting chances from open play. 

Depressingly we have now lost 11 times in all the 11 games this season when we've gone behind. Looking at the last 30 mins it wasn't difficult to see why - the issue before their goal was poor conversion, thereafter it was a total lack of quality to create chances. Struggling to think of any threat to Wednesday other than the late penalty shout. Terrible delivery from wide, misplaced passes & unwillingness to pass through the lines - really disappointing & in this respect, we have not progressed from Cocu's reign.

Just a quick shout out for Kazim who I thought was excellent tonight & my MOM. Won so much up top & a key reason why we were so utterly dominant first half. So unlucky not to score with the header off the bar & worked very hard.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Definitely. Wis still can't head a ball. No striker cover/at all. Midfield/wide looked a bit thin.

Yeah I can’t work it what happens with him sometimes. I don’t think it’s a lack of concentration per se, but I think he’s concentrating on the player more than the ball and ends up being weak. Which feels odd to write about Wisdom!

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll still say and get slagged off for it a number of our goals against Brum were totally gifted to us and 4-0 wasn't a reflective score. 

Where we then deluded ourselves was thinking that other teams would then show the same amount of generosity and the end result was this evening.

If you're relying on teams giving you free goals all the time then you've got serious issues which our league position is a testament to.

Why not we do it all the time lol 

Archived