v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll still say and get slagged off for it a number of our goals against Brum were totally gifted to us and 4-0 wasn't a reflective score. 

Where we then deluded ourselves was thinking that other teams would then show the same amount of generosity and the end result was this evening.

If you're relying on teams giving you free goals all the time then you've got serious issues which our league position is a testament to.

Could argue we have gifted a few including today

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Could argue we have gifted a few including today

Totally agree with you, another reason why we are in the league position we are.

Point was that if you are hoping teams gift you goals for you to be able to score and also you are gifting the same goals to the opposition it's a toxic and invariably fatal combination.

8 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

So the fourth official said it was a penalty straight away according to Rooney.... About sums up the state of officiating in the Championship. 

Wow, really? I'm stunned if the fourth official made such a comment to one of the managers. 

It was like qpr at Wembley. 

dominated but still lacking a cutting edge.

I can see Jozwiak moving into central midfield. We are still looking for a winger.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I didn't see the game but has Marshall really gone from the best keeper since....I don't know when, to being so poor he should be dropped?

I have never thought he was great certainly not undroppable, that may have been others opinions but for me he just doesn't command his area and come out and claim balls lofted into our box.

I think Cowley and Johnson both got it right about the penalty claim. 

"If a player has his arms by their side when the ball hits their hand/arm, they may not automatically concede a penalty"

The ref obviously thought Harris didn't make his body bigger by having his arms by his side. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Totally agree with you, another reason why we are in the league position we are.

Point was that if you are hoping teams gift you goals for you to be able to score and also you are gifting the same goals to the opposition it's a toxic and invariably fatal combination.

I don’t think that’s what we’re hoping for, we just lack the quality to make the chances count and when Rooney turns to the bench to see what changes he can make, he’s looking at a bench of young players that have a handful of minutes between them.

The problems are no surprise, we’ve seen it for weeks now. Needs to be addressed this month

18 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

Can only comment on the updates from sky sports text service but read like we were the better team.

Absolute shocker of a goal to give away, if Roos doesn't get his chance in between the sticks now he never will, Marshall just doesn't command his area enough and if he is Scotlands number 1 in the Euros they will be coming home early.

Not sure the goal was Marshall’s fault. Four Derby players round the ball when headed in. Also Commanding areas and dealing with good crosses is not Kella’s forte.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And very descriptive. 

Like i said can only go on the guy/girl who is watching it and writing the updates and generally it was Derby are bossing the game and creating chances.

As for the goal you can see that straight away on sky sports news.

Feel frustrated but with a couple of signings we’ll be fine. Was always going to happen with how many chances we spurned. Lack of depth on the bench was highlighted tonight as it was a match were an Ibe, Lawrence or Holmes could’ve created something late on.

That performance reminded me of the Huddersfield performance, should've been 2/3 up by half time, don't create as much second half, concede a poo goal, then should've had something in the last minute. With a big dollop of crap match officials with a terrible decision that costs us having a decent goal scoring opportunity. 

Archived