New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wassall or Walker for me. The academy is the way forward and both of these guys now how to get the most out of them. Wassall has the experience of managing the first team and has proven to play an attacking style of football. However, he's been somewhat 'removed' from the managing side of the U23s. Walker has been the most successful Derby youth manager for quite some time. He knows these young lads coming through better than most. He also is known for his attractive style of play. He's been involved with the development of the young lads this season and has got to know the first team squad. 

Walker's my pick, at least as an interim manager 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Wassall or Walker for me. The academy is the way forward and both of these guys now how to get the most out of them. Wassall has the experience of managing the first team and has proven to play an attacking style of football. However, he's been somewhat 'removed' from the managing side of the U23s. Walker has been the most successful Derby youth manager for quite some time. He knows these young lads coming through better than most. He also is known for his attractive style of play. He's been involved with the development of the young lads this season and has got to know the first team squad. 

No just no. We are desperate. We need probably one of the “usual suspects” or “dinosaurs” to keep us above water. 

26 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Give me Mac 3.

It'll probably be Wassall/Rosenoir though.

(but give me Mac 3)

I'd love mac 3, but in reality, why would he come back? 

He's been sacked by us twice already, why would you go back if you were him just to inevitably get sacked again? 

I hate the thought of sacking another manager. However I thought we have got to beat QPR and Barnsley. We’ve lost both simply not good enough. Time to say bye bye Cocu. Donald trump now available! Return of the Mac becoming like a stuck record. However both would probably improve the team ( I am joking about trump though)

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I'd love mac 3, but in reality, why would he come back? 

He's been sacked by us twice already, why would you go back if you were him just to inevitably get sacked again? 

I think he loves the club and would jump at the chance. But who’s decision will it be?

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Intermin, I agree. But I think this club needs a wakeup call. We cannot rely so heavily on youth, and base the whole club around it.

It lowers expectations & puts you into a mentality of taking positives from really crap teams and performances. You almost become obssesed with developing players and you forget football is actually about winning games. 

We need some proper experienced players that are approaching their primes. Not over the hill players, or players with no experience. 

10 minutes ago, Diego said:

No just no. We are desperate. We need probably one of the “usual suspects” or “dinosaurs” to keep us above water. 

We need to instill a belief in the squad that they can turn up on any given day an beta whoever they play. The likes of Walker and Wassall know the players, know the fans, and most importantly know how to instill belief in the players.

Wassall took a Derby side into the 2nd leg of a playoff final believing they could do what nonother Championship side has done before - over turn a 1st leg home tie defeat... after losing 3-0 at home!!

Walker lead English second division minnows, Derby, to a fantastic 3-1 win over Dortmund in the UEFA Youth League. A number of our best U19s were missing in our defeat to Salzburg, who in turn lost to eventual winners Real Madrid.

1 minute ago, wollatonram said:

Intermin, I agree. But I think this club needs a wakeup call. We cannot rely so heavily on youth, and base the whole club around it.

It lowers expectations & puts you into a mentality of taking positives from really crap teams and performances. You almost become obssesed with developing players and you forget football is actually about winning games. 

We need some proper experienced players that are approaching their primes. Not over the hill players, or players with no experience. 

Indeed it's about a blend. We don't currently play as a team and we have totally forgotten how to attack under Cocu. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No way.

We've got enough young players struggling to find their way with rudderless management and can't be arsed experience without adding another load and their PE teacher to the mix. 

We need the usual experienced championship manager and a couple of bruisers to bully our prima donnas into putting a shift in to at least give us a respectable points total and hopefully salvage a place outside the relegation zone.

5 hours ago, Rample said:

Jokanovic jumped from a top flight job elsewhere to come to the championship before. Would be ideal if we could get him to do it again. 

David Wagner I don't know as well but would assume would be considered. 

Paul Cook under Mel would maybe have worked but also need to have an eye on where we're going to. 

I can't see anything other than Rooney as caretaker and failed attempts at enticing Wenger, Gerrard and Howe.

I really hope it’s not Rooney. 

Archived