New Manager

dantheram

As much as I hope Cocu can turn it around, my top choice would be Geraldo "Tata" Martino. Not familiar with the Championship (which maybe after Cocu we need) but has great pedigree with Barcelona, Mexico NT and Atlanta United.

To quote wikipedia "All of Martino's teams have the same distinguishable traits: they play attack-minded football, they are creative and the style is based on quick passing. In addition, Martino's teams also pressure high up the pitch, play out from the back and depend on their youth systems". All items that fit in with the way Derby want to play. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But he deserved to go for laughing and joking whilst we burnt! #Melsego He saved us and then got kicked out. 

Yes! That moment on the touch line when we were 0-3 and he guffawed was awful. But that’s Mac. He’s got that “don’t take me too seriously” persona. It’s why he works with players; they like him.

Got to be Mac or wassell...an immediate and instant injection of positivity and utilisation of the skills that out most talented players possess.

Both of those two have dragged us out of the depths before and both would be out most cost effective options to achieve it again.

We need to hit the ground running from day one of the new boss,no ifs no buts.

We haven't got time to rebuild,it's a scrap for survival with what we have.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Got to be Mac or wassell...an immediate and instant injection of positivity and utilisation of the skills that out most talented players possess.

Both of those two have dragged us out of the depths before and both would be out most cost effective options to achieve it again.

We need to hit the ground running from day one of the new boss,no ifs no buts.

We haven't got time to rebuild,it's a scrap for survival with what we have.

Relegation battle now. Cocu out. Mac3 in till end of sesaon. 

20 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Big Sam for me till end of the season.

He might be a slimy human being, but he's achieved everywhere he's been. His football has been decent (everywhere except Bolton) and his record in the transfer market is good (especially the cut he makes, I'd imagine). He's much, much better than his reputation has landed him.

But I also thought Sav was good for us, so what the duck do I know?

Archived