New Manager

dantheram

2 hours ago, sage said:

If this is to happen (sheikh in/Cocuout) then this would require someone interested in a project. Not a big name ex player. Someone who has established a brand of attacking football and used it (and some cash) to bring in young hungry players to get promotion.

Ralf Rangnick.  

Sounds like a Black Lace song (one for the oldies, there)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

thats true, my point is you don't offer 2bn for something if you don't have access to those funds, whether it's his own wealth or someone elses. Most billionaire businessmen don't use their own money.

If you're making an investment on behalf of an investment fund there will be all sorts of controls, limits and approvals required before funds are released.

So quite possible to offer a big number "subject to approval, " that never happens

20 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Part way through Mac 1 season 2 (post Wembley) a couple of teams started to work out how to stop us and then others copied and it was never quite the same again, despite some good moments.

”The End...”

Spot on, Mac had a great recipe, a system that worked most of the time but teams learned. It wasn’t flexible, he had one dish that he cooked brilliantly but if Tesco didn’t have onions he got a bit stuck and when someone realised that you could wreck it with an overdose of chilli we struggled.

No good DM .. it faltered

Lines of 4, sit on Chris Martin. Tilt/game over.

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Spot on, Mac had a great recipe, a system that worked most of the time but teams learned. It wasn’t flexible, he had one dish that he cooked brilliantly but if Tesco didn’t have onions he got a bit stuck and when someone realised that you could wreck it with an overdose of chilli we struggled.

Ian Hollowayesque.

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Not much different to this country 30 or so years ago then 

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Did you watch any Mac 2 dross?

Yes, and the current tripe is far far worse. Have a look at Phil’s win ratio compared to Mac. Chalk and Cheese.

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Part way through Mac 1 season 2 (post Wembley) a couple of teams started to work out how to stop us and then others copied and it was never quite the same again, despite some good moments.

”The End...”

Careful, there will be many on here who don’t like the truth?

10 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

I think Jurgen Klopp will be sounded out, failing that it’ll be Sparky. 

Hughes is an interesting one but wherever he has done ok (I recall good spells and Blackburn and Stoke ? )  it has always been a slow burn. I can’t see it myself but it’s such a weird world anything could happen. I mean we might even trash Barnsley today ?

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Hughes is an interesting one but wherever he has done ok (I recall good spells and Blackburn and Stoke ? )  it has always been a slow burn. I can’t see it myself but it’s such a weird world anything could happen. I mean we might even trash Barnsley today ?

Slow burn of achievement, after a fast burn of cash.

Archived