New Manager

dantheram

34 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

People turning their noses up at Mick McCarthy. It won't be pretty but he'll keep us up with ease and actually we'll probably score more goals than what we're averaging so far this season. Ipswich fans had the same arrogance and look where they are now.

No No No. Ipswich fans literally dragged him out of the stadium at the end.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We already know that John Gregory has been identified as the silent partner with the badges. 

No journalist could have made that up surely?

Think the sentiment was correct. I don’t think Mel is or was really considering it but worry that the turning consensus against Cocu may force his hand

I’m not old enough to know of the bad blood between Gregory and the club but wouldn’t surprise me if there were elements of truth in the long term

I think that this’ll be Mel’s last roll of the dice. He needs to choose the right man this time; someone who has done the business before in the EFL would be a good start. 
Howe, Dyche, Wilder, Colin, Cook etc  

Not an untried manager at this level or a rookie  

Think it also needs to be said that Mel is know for being trigger happy but both Rowett and Lampard left us through no fault of our own. Some would even suggest that the fact that other clubs paid us compensation for both means Mel made a good decision in hiring them. Its not ideal that both Rowett and Lampard's departures added to previous poor decisions by Mel. But keeping Cocu on because we need stability is not a good enough reason when we look totally void of ideas.

Rooney mentioned here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8861577/Huddersfield-1-0-Derby-Juninho-Bacuna-strikes-pile-pressure-fire-Phillip-Cocu.html 

Wayne Rooney, whose goal at Norwich has accounted for all of Derby's points thus far, is self-isolating until next Thursday under EFL guidelines, despite testing negative for coronavirus, having encountered someone who is positive.

The former England captain has been touted as a potential successor to Cocu with owner Mel Morris understood to be twitchy following more than 50 league matches under the Dutchman that have delivered more defeats than wins.

I'm telling you it's inevitable. 

8 hours ago, Derbados said:

fluked as in got them promoted in his first season and kept them up? Jesus if that’s a fluke he must be the luckiest bloke in the world 

which Derby manager since Jim Smith has achieved anything close to that with us? 

Close to that? I’d say MAC was 10 minutes away, and Lampard was 90 away. Davies got us there. 

Look at his last 3 years as manager have been appalling. 

People mentioning Mick McCarthy, I did think he was being overly complimentary of us on the box the other day, Mels tapped him up director of football or some title with Rooney underneath maybe? 

Don’t know how I’d feel about that personally! 

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I agree sadly.  Quite frankly he cannot do any worse  at the moment than randomly selecting 11 players to put out in some form of formation and in the hope that we do not concede more than one goal.  That is currently how I see our game plan this season..  

The only hope is that we gets a decent coach to come in with him and plays expansive football.  Make no mistake the Sun's story will have been leaked purposely by somebody.  Think the Gregory/Phelan link is wide of the mark.  After all why would Phelan leave his role as Man Utd assistant to come here?  McClaren would be the obvious coach when Rooney is appointed.

Can’t see us getting anything out the next three games so that would be 8 defeats from 9 games.... if that happens (which obviously I hope doesn’t).... he will be gone. ?

Law of averages says that won’t happen.... so bring on the scum, 3 points here we come! ? 

for me sadly this ain't worked. I am a fan of Phil ideology but its not working.

the next man as to want to work with young players

1 Mel and most want that

2 we are skint and need to 

in terms of people out there....

Rooney of course will be up there media will love it but not for me. 

big Sam don't like his football but would sort us out . 

Simo valakri for me 

Archived