New Manager

dantheram

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Wassell would absolutely be my first choice.

Knows the club,the players and would cost us nothing...plus we know he gets his team's playing attacking,goal scoring football.

Still makes me laugh to this day 

daz waz did a decent job but people on here didn’t like him Cos he came across as a bit arrogant and up himself 

Sometimes it’s a fine trait to have a little arrogance and belief in your own ability 

if we were to sack cocu I’d take wassall over Rooney every single day of the week 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mac 3 would be interesting as there’s no one left of that original team.

It’s unlikely we’d be able to get anyone on decent wages, so would more likely be a new young manager. I personally wouldn’t mind giving it to Rosenior/Rooney and see where it can take us. Alex Ferguson rated Rooneys game/tactical knowledge from what I remember. 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Still makes me laugh to this day 

daz waz did a decent job but people on here didn’t like him Cos he came across as a bit arrogant and up himself 

Sometimes it’s a fine trait to have a little arrogance and belief in your own ability 

if we were to sack cocu I’d take wassall over Rooney every single day of the week 

we were a bit entitled and up ourselves back then, i think now we would just grateful for some attacking football.

7 minutes ago, Louby said:

Paul cook ? 

Paul Cook ticks a lot of boxes.

If you're no longer fussed about the quality of the football you're watching, you could also look at Sam Allardyce (mega wages), Mick McCarthy and Tony Pulis...

...the latter I would never want anywhere near this club due to his habit of recruiting players that he then makes unsellable.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

we have no money for a manager which why we need wassell,we are already paying him one wage!

from existing staff Bowyer would be my choice

Paul Cook every day for me.

Won the league with Chesterfield and transformed that team with no money, a lot of those players went on to play much higher (Cooper at Leeds, Morsy at Middlesbrough and others).

Won the league with Portsmouth.

Won the league with Wigan and did unbelievable in the FA Cup (beat Man City).

Nearly saved Wigan last year with an unbelievable run second half of the season with a team weaker than what we have now.

Has to be Paul Cook, he built the team at Wigan that has just been picked apart, however he would need to walk into our recruitment teams office, unplug football manager and tell them all to do one and then he takes over.

I've just seen someone say though that it isnt any coincidence that Gary Bowyer has been bought back to the club, managed Blackburn, Blackpool and Bradford, may as well manage another team beginning with B, Bloody Derby. One to watch.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Eh ??? Sacked after a woeful run with Schalke. And fluked Huddersfield up with a negative goal difference... 

fluked as in got them promoted in his first season and kept them up? Jesus if that’s a fluke he must be the luckiest bloke in the world 

which Derby manager since Jim Smith has achieved anything close to that with us? 

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

Paul Cook every day for me.

Won the league with Chesterfield and transformed that team with no money, a lot of those players went on to play much higher (Cooper at Leeds, Morsy at Middlesbrough and others).

Won the league with Portsmouth.

Won the league with Wigan and did unbelievable in the FA Cup (beat Man City).

Nearly saved Wigan last year with an unbelievable run second half of the season with a team weaker than what we have now.

Already has a positive relationship with Byrne and Marshall. Also wouldn't need to buy him out of a contract at another club. 

Wouldn't even need to order new tracksuits with those initials!

Archived