v Coventry (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mckram said:

There’s been no new faces on the training ground, just a few that have gone.

It needs a totally fresh coaching team with fresh attitudes and ideas! 

Even interim managers of past regimes get a reaction. There has been no reaction.  There has to be major issues behind the scenes, because these players are more than good enough to make the play offs. 

Not really seen the young lad play before and he may have a big future ahead of him, however this is why you can't rely on youth. Cocu suffered because of it, Rooney has and whoever comes in will have the same problem as well. That said, see the game out, don't let them get crosses in, manage it, schoolboy errors.

Whoops, game management again.

I don't know whats worse, not scoring at all, or actually scoring and then throwing it away anyway. 

2 points return from Wycombe and Coventry would be bad results for even the worst teams.

Let's see what drama the post match brings..

Not surprised are we. No change from Cocu at all. Thats four games since he has gone with no improvement.  Which tactical genius had the great idea of bringing on another central defender only to move the existing central defender to right back with minutes left. Bolster the defence on one hand but change positions seems crackers to me. Stop the cross but all in all its just inevitable decline week on week. No leaders out there again and a management team just making it up. How anyone is criticising stretton is beyond me after the petformance of TL who barely connected with anything yet again.

Some positives to take from that but once again we showed the same weak mentality and crumbled under pressure.

Bielik must start and the team must be built around him. If we're against a team who aren't likely to be as dangerous going forward we can sacrifice Bird to have a more attack minded player instead.

Lawrence should be dropped. Jozwiak and Waghorn on either wing unless Ibe is fit enough to be involved. 

Stop subbing Byrne off to go more defensive. Get one of the midfielders off for Davies if it's really necessary to get an extra man in there for crosses, but please stop shuffling the back line late into games because it just leads to more confusion and problems.

And last but not least, get a new manager in that has some experience and won't be 'cutting his teeth' at a club in a desperate position. 

1 minute ago, roboto said:

This is mental. We looked a better team all around tonight in my opinion. A better performance than we've had in a long time (it seems), but we are fluffing our chances in front of goal. In other seasons, with a bit more confidence we would've been 3 or 4 up before that late Coventry goal, but we just can't capitalise when we're ahead.

A couple of decent penalty shouts - neither clear cut, Birds chance in the first half, Stretton and CKR both had good chances in the second half. It's good we seem to be creating more chances and I've got to say it's better than watching the slow pace from the early games this season, but we need results now.

Bielik was great today and I think if we can get Jozwiak on the pitch with him for more minutes they will link up well. Stretton looked lively when he came on and should have been brought on a bit sooner IMO. Let's hope that we can continue creating chances, but actually take them.

I agree, if this was another season, we'd be scoring for fun but although we're a bit more entertaining to watch, the intelligence isn't there from management, and skill is lacking in the players at times. 

Without a proper manager, i fear we're going down. The team on paper should be nowhere near relegation but this is currently a bad mix of circumstances. 

The only option we have now is to get a real manager in and hope the new manager bounce is enough to save us. 

Continue with the clown show and we are going down..........I suppose we can always blame it all on Rosenior!

People need to realise that League 1 is now a probable outcome. We need to drop the arrogance and wake up!

Lots of emotion. 

Ball should never have got into the area. Header out to the middle of the box. Good finish. 

We didn't look like scoring, then out of the blue we did. 

We might have got carried away if we'd won. 

Still changes to be made to find our best team. 

Stretton criticised for missing but bringing him on at least gave CKR someone to pass to. 

Lawrence pants again. 

Archived