v Coventry (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is mental. We looked a better team all around tonight in my opinion. A better performance than we've had in a long time (it seems), but we are fluffing our chances in front of goal. In other seasons, with a bit more confidence we would've been 3 or 4 up before that late Coventry goal, but we just can't capitalise when we're ahead.

A couple of decent penalty shouts - neither clear cut, Birds chance in the first half, Stretton and CKR both had good chances in the second half. It's good we seem to be creating more chances and I've got to say it's better than watching the slow pace from the early games this season, but we need results now.

Bielik was great today and I think if we can get Jozwiak on the pitch with him for more minutes they will link up well. Stretton looked lively when he came on and should have been brought on a bit sooner IMO. Let's hope that we can continue creating chances, but actually take them.

Fair result - that should make sure we have some sort of new management in place very soon. Some stability very much required on and off the pitch. Let’s hope the new ownership fairs better and gets us going again as a club and more importantly, more together as a city.

As I said just before HT, happy to see Bielik back, he has looked classed today. 

If we can just finish a little better/score that second, things would be looking good.

Still don't want Rooney anywhere near this club as the manager, hasn't got a clue. But we do have some bright players coming through and some decent more experienced players, it's there to see and we just need a good manager to kick them into shape.

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Well after Cocu left, we should have expected a bounce, we didn’t get one. To me that means one of only two things...

1. the cause of underperformance is still at the club. 

or

2. the players are not good enough. 

I am certain it is 1. 

It's both.

In respect of 1. The cause of the underperformance has been promoted.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I maintain there’s been a noticeable improvement over the last two games. Still a bit crap, but better.

Against Wycombe and Coventry? As oppose to the Bristol City and Middlesbrough we played before?

Weird that. Maybe Rooney is a magician?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Don’t look like scoring because we don’t have any players on the pitch getting close enough to Kazim.  Lawrence, Holmes and Knight just don’t look like scoring. I would sub 3 at half time. Lawrence and Holmes can suck some oranges, and Bird have a rest for missing your goal chance (otherwise played well, but him and Bielik are getting in each other’s space). Knight step back a little, and Joziak, Whitaker and Sibley get out there and make something happen.

Disappointing result. Played ok really, much more purpose, but as I said at half time we had no cutting edge to support Kazim. Lawrence, Holmes and Knight never looked like troubling that defence and it was shocking that it was not changed until the 76th minute. A couple of subs, inc. an additional striker, and we looked so much more menacing in the last 10. Then to change the defence and bring on Davies at the end was gross stupidity. Wisdom and Clarke looked secure in the second half, and a ‘cold’ Davies was not going to improve the situation. We still had two defensive midfielders at that point. Why not use Bielik to bolster the defence if we wanted to hang on to. 1 nil. Disappointing.

lets face it everyone can say hard done too but that game was even. We didn't deserve a win any more than them. They had a goal chalked off a header they should have scored and other chances. We had the goal the kazim richards header and stretton bar. They deserved a draw from that and we just cant defend and i don;t think that was any better than what we have served up this season in the forest and bourmouth game. You have 5 subs to use we use 2 with 10 minutes to go and that is why it shows he is far to inexperienced to get us out of this mess.

Archived