v Coventry (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

Matt Clarke looks short of confidence - last seasons POTY has become a shadow of Keogh this season.

Bird has had positivity coached out of him. He never turns on the ball.

Drop Bird - replace with Knight. Play Holmes, Sibley and Jozwiak across the three.

When (if?) Ibe and Waghorn are available - we might just start to turn the tide.

Bielik was a monster today.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to go into the clear positives that were there on show tonight, but it's really been spoilt for me by the absolute overwhelming feeling that we are watched a team destined for relegation.

To drop two points like that. At that stage. Against opposition of that quality. It's awful. 

When Cocu went we had to make the positive change, as our neighbours Forest did. And we didn't. We'll look back on these past four games as the crucial point in our season, sadly.

1 minute ago, ramboy63 said:

Feel sorry for  Colin Getinzim Richards he finally gets a chance in the team,on Sat he was brilliant and again tonight a real handful,looks like we may of found a cheap target man

Well he was ok but it does show what we need 

My issue with Wayne Rooney cutting his teeth here is that I don't think he feels particularly threatened by the prospect of relegation.  We go down, he leaves (or is sacked) but probably prospers in the long run due to his reputation and doesn't spare a thought for us.  I'm not sure this captain is going to go down with his ship.

Numb with that. 

Impossible not win the last two with the most basic composure you find in the Sunday league. They had nothing up top. Totally pathetic

For the first time in 38 years I'm done, bit like this lot.

See if we can salvage some respect this season by getting a manager who shouldn't manage the dog and duck is all that's to be hoped for.

Season 5 in our history in the third tier incoming 

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It was offside...you cannot be “marginally offside” It is the same as saying that you are “slightly pregnant” you either are or you aren’t. 

I agree you can't be "slightly pregnant", but I'd argue you can be "almost 60", "Just under the drink drive limit", live "just inside the English Border, or indeed be "marginally off side".

From a footballing perspective, I'd describe us as "Ever so slightly crap"!   ?

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Even interim managers of past regimes get a reaction. There has been no reaction.  There has to be major issues behind the scenes, because these players are more than good enough to make the play offs. 

I agree but usually the interim managers are number 2’s with 10+ years experience doing that.

We have people like Rosenior who was a pundit until how long ago? Rooney with zero coaching. Given is about the most experienced there!

None of them have ever coached a team in this position. Rooney doesn’t know a relegation battle, he’s never been in one.

I just hope that McClaren is getting a lot more involved than his title suggests. 

1 minute ago, Igorwasking said:

Matt Clarke looks short of confidence - last seasons POTY has become a shadow of Keogh this season.

Bird has had positivity coached out of him. He never turns on the ball.

Drop Bird - replace with Knight. Play Holmes, Sibley and Jozwiak across the three.

When (if?) Ibe and Waghorn are available - we might just start to turn the tide.

Bielik was a monster today.

I thought Bird was very good today, one of better players. 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Some positives to take from that but once again we showed the same weak mentality and crumbled under pressure.

Bielik must start and the team must be built around him. If we're against a team who aren't likely to be as dangerous going forward we can sacrifice Bird to have a more attack minded player instead.

Lawrence should be dropped. Jozwiak and Waghorn on either wing unless Ibe is fit enough to be involved. 

Stop subbing Byrne off to go more defensive. Get one of the midfielders off for Davies if it's really necessary to get an extra man in there for crosses, but please stop shuffling the back line late into games because it just leads to more confusion and problems.

And last but not least, get a new manager in that has some experience and won't be 'cutting his teeth' at a club in a desperate position. 

Perhaps you could apply. All spot in

I didn't see the Wycombe game at the weekend. I thought tonight was ok. I thought Bielik was excellent, Kazim-Richards had a great game and really deserved his goal. I would have liked to see Jozwiak on for Lawrence much sooner. Byrne's cross was absolute perfection.

The defending really is criminal though. We got away with it in the first half, and eventually we got punished. Matt Clarke is **not** a good defender. 

It's the first Derby game I've really enjoyed this season, so I'm happy enough with the improvements.

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

I agree you can't be "slightly pregnant", but I'd argue you can be "almost 60", "Just under the drink drive limit", live "just inside the English Border, or indeed be "marginally off side".

From a footballing perspective, I'd describe us as "Ever so slightly crap"!   ?

Ha ha. We are more than ever so slightly...!! 

9 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Just cannot defend.

Keogh was the last proper defender we had. Yes, he had his mistakes but he was head and shoulders above the current crop. Hope we are not marooned before the Jan window Ditto points deduction appeal.

Archived