£10 Rams TV Stream

Tombo

I’ve said this before but I would have been more than happy to pay into a subscription service rather than the current model, but I suppose it’s awkward to do if you’re allowed to show home games and not away. 

I think overall it’s a mix of a lot of stuff, it’s a  bit much for people when it’s Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday. The performances do come into it along with a bit of blasé attitude to the club in general at the moment. Finally I think there’s a bit of a ‘meh’ attitude to football in general atm, said for a long time that mid week away games aren’t for every fan because they are usually a bit of a scrap and I’d say the exact same thing about football in lockdown. This season started out pretty good but any momentum the premier league gained was lost after the first international break. Its an ok game for the type of fan that likes VAR and retweets stats from opta or whatever but I think for the rest its essentially lost the element that makes football good, because the intensity/working class element has gone. Most games in lockdown seemingly pass the time and little else, it’s hard to pay £10 for that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Said before... I can’t really justify spending £10 every game to watch us but if we were playing well I’d probably find the money every other game. It’s an easy decision to make to save my money this season. 

Make sure it's the home games as our club will get a bigger chunk of your money

23 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I've paid £10 to watch almost every available game this season. 

The game I missed...Norwich, of course. 

That's over £100. I've barely seen us score and haven't seen us win.

...I'm still paying to watch tonight, though. Will do at the weekend, too.

It might be crap football, but it's our crap football.

Perhaps you should miss tonight if you missed Norwich!

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I'd rather pay a fixed fee per month ala netflix.

£10 per game is too much for me, but so is a season ticket. Spending £500 on football is a lot of money. Fortunately i usually watch it with someone else paying, do only have to contribute every now and again.

With a monthly subscription people are less likely to cancel it to skip the odd month. Some will even keep it over the off season out of convenience.
When paying individually, people will naturally be inclined to skip the odd game if it's on at a bad time or they have other plans.

£10 per game is £460! Should the value of watching every game on TV be worth more than watching half of the games live in the stadium? Knock it down to £200-250 for the season (£5 a game, £15-20 a month)

I’ve watched most of this season and I don’t mind the £10 fee as x3 you get a normal match day ticket. However as others have alluded to we’re currently paying £10 a match to get stressed, angry and depressed. 

Would be nice to see us score and win a match.

56 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Mac's not the coach so I'm not sure what impact he will have on the playing staff if anything

Oh he will, and I’m not ITK or anything but I just have a feeling he’s back and he’s hungry. We’ll be 2-0 down at half time, he’ll come in the changing room and sort it out for a 4-2 victory. Put your £10 on that, trust me 

I have some family stuff to do tonight so wont be watching. Nothing to do with form. TBH I want to see if there is a Mac effect and I always hope before every game that this time we will get the break or gel as a team. I'll be sad to miss the game. Looking forward to taxt commentary and highlights only tonight I'm afraid.

The price is interesting. £10.00 I can afford but it grates. A tenner is a price point, you see 3 on your bank statement - it stands out. needs to be a level lower, A fiver might starve clubs of much needed revenue but the experience of a match on TV is nothing compared to live in a stadium. We need a half way house to tempt.  

It's a tricky one for us as we will always pay it. However, we only have to pay for a few away games as the rest are covered on our season ticket and there are also two of us, so only a fiver each.

With petrol snacks and match tickets we would easily have spent £90 - £100 today.

It's a much harder decision for people who haven't already got season tickets as the matches are coming thick and fast.

DCFC would probably do something about the prices if they could. I am sure they are grateful that they have such a strong overseas contingent tuning in on a regular basis. Maybe they should be grateful how tech savvy those fans are. ?

£10 seems a bit steep to me, considering the stream quality. It’s far inferior to the Sky red button, even though the commentary/analysis is obviously better. £5 would be much more reasonable, and encourage more fans to watch. 

In terms of not watching making you a “plastic” fan, I’m not convinced. Some people, quite reasonably, might not want to shell out a tenner to watch us inevitably lose without threatening a goal. It’s painfully predicable at the moment. I mean, I’m still going to watch, but that’s because I’m an idiot. Can understand those that don’t, and it doesn’t mean they don’t care, they just don’t like wasting money!

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Oh he will, and I’m not ITK or anything but I just have a feeling he’s back and he’s hungry. We’ll be 2-0 down at half time, he’ll come in the changing room and sort it out for a 4-2 victory. Put your £10 on that, trust me 

Will Rooney be receiving 2 sets of notes then

Archived