Return of the Mac

rynny

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

you made the statement that a manager should've done better with an injured spine to his team, after a transfer window had shut, with no big money to spend (if one was open).

No 

I said he could have put the constant speculation over his future at the club to bed with a strongly worded statement instead of constantly answering like a politician every time the question was asked

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cannable said:

Where do u find the time to find a random Scotsman and create a beautiful podcast from ? Lol 

My question then Why was there uproar from a significant majority on here as to his conduct over the saga ?

cos there was plenty of it 

his inability to change the system to fit the players he had left available was also subject to weekly criticism 

I’m just repeating it as it was 

For the record I actually had mixed feelings on both subjects 

17 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

I am certain if you pay Mel the £150 million the club owes him he will go.....

The club doesn’t owe him £150m

his decision making has wasted 10s of millions plus he has taken the stadium. 

Steve, please save this football club from going down. We should have never sacked you the second time around. I've forgiven you about you cheating on us for Newcastle. 

Best manager we've had since Jim Smith. I'll even stop the brolly and dutch jokes.

He wouldn't miracle this team anyway

Defender that don't jump. Defensive midfielders that aren't defensive. An attacker that doesn't do anything but dribble. And a whole bus load of pretty passers that have no responsibility to do anything constructive.

Going down. 

On 24/11/2020 at 20:12, Leicester Ram said:

Ah I see, I think I’ve not explained my point fully.

I don’t think he can be the figure head of the club (manager) any more because he’s too divisive within the fanbase. Half of the fans idolise him, half don’t want him anywhere near us. You cant have half of PP ready to stab your manager in the back at the first sign of trouble.

If McClaren was a blank slate, his CV and mantra would line up really well. He’s still a top class coach at this level, widely known his training sessions are of a high standard and he improves players. But not appropriate as manager anymore, he’s better off without the scrutiny that job brings.

He’s clearly someone talented to have at the club to guide the ownership/new manager and I’m very happy he’s involved behind the scenes.

I get what you are saying and lots of truths in there but we had lots of people wanting. Cocu out then a hard core bunch of jokers saying no can’t chop and change managers. Well not chopping a failing manager has got us here, I’d take McLaren for the remainder and go from there even if he divides opinion 

26 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Ed Dawes has just said that he is led to believe that McClaren will only be at the club for a month.

Wait What Reaction GIF

Wow - this club is a circus! 

Hire a bloke for a month for.. I’m not sure what.. then we get rid. 

I really don’t get it. 

Archived