Jack Marriott returns to Derby, then goes back to Wednesday

Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sat at home.

Make all the excuses but it doesn't look great, and unfortunately we've another year on his contract! 

This is really strange 

He looked good at times for Derby. 

I think we should try better as a club to get deal with the situation.

This can’t be right 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, enachops said:

Reading between the lines, sounds like he’s been internally disciplined by Sheff Wed and told to come back in next week. Marriotts quickly turning into a waste of time. His career is rapidly fading down the toilet, he needs to sort himself out and fast. 

JsQq.gif

Strange what's happened to Marriott, looked amazing in the early games under Lampard. Scored in the cups against premier league opposition, got us back into the game at Leeds and at Wembley. I thought he could be a big player for us. I remember after Wembley, Lampard said that Jack needed to 'go away this summer and realise the player he can become.' Cryptic statement.

Was poor under Cocu but some of that was down to the way we played I'm sure. Still, Rooney doesn't seem to rate him. Strange situation, I think there's a lot more to it than we know. 

17 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Strange comments coming out of Sheffield. Basically 'he's not with the squad and he is frustrated, all very stop /start, make of that what you will'... 

Not sure what I do make of it to be honest. 

They didn’t want to keep him because they didn’t rate him and he costs £18,000 per week apparently 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ta, remember now seeing it when he signed. He's only 26 so still got lots of years to waste.

The boy has talent we've seen it, Got us to the play off final, Scored our goal in the final, Lampard didn't start him I believe as he doesn't/didn't work hard enough in training.

For some reason he doesn't want to work at his game, I played with and against lads in the 80s who could have been pro footballers...but would rather go down town on the lash, Come home at silly o'clock and start all over again, Discapline and a good work ethic makes us what we are, Imo JM just can't be arsed.

6 hours ago, enachops said:

Reading between the lines, sounds like he’s been internally disciplined by Sheff Wed and told to come back in next week. Marriotts quickly turning into a waste of time. His career is rapidly fading down the toilet, he needs to sort himself out and fast. 

Can a club discipline a player who isn't actually contracted to them as they're not their employee?

If Marriott is fined by The Wendies do they then deduct this from the loan fee they pay to Derby?

Either way would be a very poor scenario

Just now, Premier ram said:

26 is very young to be on the football scrapheap , Jack has got to get his head right , knuckle down and either savage his Derby career or get a move and a fresh start somewhere else , i wish you all the best Jack

Sorry should say salvage, think a few on here think hes savaged his Derby career enough already

Archived