Jack Marriott returns to Derby, then goes back to Wednesday

Carl Sagan

Personally I hope Jack is given another chance at Derby.

I know a lot of people have written him off at Derby, but I saw enough of him under Lampard (admittedly in that purple patch) to believe there is still a decent player there.

By the sounds of things the only time he was fit under Cocu was at the beginning of this season when we were struggling with injuries to creative players and he had zero service.

Would be interested to hear others thoughts on him?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AGR said:

Rooney: "...he is a good player but in terms of how I see this club moving forward I felt it was better to focus on other players and let Jack go and play because I couldn't guarantee him playing here."

? #COYR

6 minutes ago, AGR said:

Personally I hope Jack is given another chance at Derby.

I know a lot of people have written him off at Derby, but I saw enough of him under Lampard (admittedly in that purple patch) to believe there is still a decent player there.

By the sounds of things the only time he was fit under Cocu was at the beginning of this season when we were struggling with injuries to creative players and he had zero service.

Jack has been labeled by successive managers as a lazy trainer that is why he's never taken off here, I'd agree with the present manager that his future lies back at the Wendies.

• 1 month later...
Just now, DCFClks said:

If it's true he's back with us now, why not just get him back training with the rest of the squad? I could see him being quite affective on the occasions when we play 2 up front. I still think he's a better natural finisher than our other strikers.

Who says he's back with us?

12 minutes ago, enachops said:

Reading between the lines, sounds like he’s been internally disciplined by Sheff Wed and told to come back in next week. Marriotts quickly turning into a waste of time. His career is rapidly fading down the toilet, he needs to sort himself out and fast. 

That's my point really... Why the cryptic comment? 

Doesn't help anyone, just makes people jump to all different manner of preconceptions. If Wednesday have some sympathy with him then it makes him look bad... and if they don't then just come out and say what the situation is ie 'he is self isolating due to bursting his bubble' or 'his attitude towards training has raised concerns so he needs a break'  or 'he has asked for a bit of time off due to a reoccurrence of an undiagnosed injury'. 

51 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

If it's true he's back with us now, why not just get him back training with the rest of the squad? I could see him being quite affective on the occasions when we play 2 up front. I still think he's a better natural finisher than our other strikers.

Our other strikers ?

Beyond CKR am struggling to think who they are.

And if you mention Waghorn I'll know you're not being serious. 

Archived