Jack Marriott returns to Derby, then goes back to Wednesday

Carl Sagan

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, superzak said:

Im hoping he stays with us in january. Rooney will sort his confidence...there is a championship footballer in there.

I'd rather he stayed to give it a go. Because he's already shown he's not automatically gonna do owt out on loan.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't say much for him as a player does it?

We're a team desperate for goals, we've got England's all time leading scorer as manager... nah don't want him!

That is of course assuming "Rooney decided..." doesn't actually mean "the club decided, over Rooney's head, because they can't afford to take the hit on the wages....."

I wonder if in the history of football there's ever been an instance where a club loans a £4m striker to a team one place above them in a tight relegation battle. It just sums up how we've been ran the last few years. For the record, I'd like to see Marriott given another chance but can understand loaning him if we're skint.

I think if Lampard didn't take the Chelsea job when he did, he would never have got it if they'd had a chance to analyse his permanent signings at Derby. £9m for Jack and Waghorn is some of our worst business in recent memory.

9 minutes ago, AGR said:

I wonder if in the history of football there's ever been an instance where a club loans a £4m striker to a team one place above them in a tight relegation battle. It just sums up how we've been ran the last few years. For the record, I'd like to see Marriott given another chance but can understand loaning him if we're skint.

I think if Lampard didn't take the Chelsea job when he did, he would never have got it if they'd had a chance to analyse his permanent signings at Derby. £9m for Jack and Waghorn is some of our worst business in recent memory.

I raise theee.... 

Jamie Paterson + Dutch Mike from cocu... Not cheap on the wasted wages on them 

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Marriott's gone back to Sheffield Wednesday. Presumably there's a chance they might pay him. 

Great.  I recall Adomah being at Cardiff last season and Forest recalled him to put a spanner in the works .  Derby lend the only other option we have as a striker back to a side who've just dropped them in the bottom three whilst climbing out of it.   I despair.

2 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

I raise theee.... 

Jamie Paterson + Dutch Mike from cocu... Not cheap on the wasted wages on them 

To be honest I liked Paterson and Dutch Mike was a free, can't imagine his wages are ridiculous so can understand taking a chance on him. He was dreadful in his first few games but I thought he played well against Bournemouth and I don't think he's been given a chance since.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Great.  I recall Adomah being at Cardiff last season and Forest recalled him to put a spanner in the works .  Derby lend the only other option we have as a striker back to a side who've just dropped them in the bottom three whilst climbing out of it.   I despair.

Maybe its because as it stands we cant afford to recall him?

Archived