Jack Marriott returns to Derby, then goes back to Wednesday

Carl Sagan

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Doesn't say much for him as a player does it?

We're a team desperate for goals, we've got England's all time leading scorer as manager... nah don't want him!

That is of course assuming "Rooney decided..." doesn't actually mean "the club decided, over Rooney's head, because they can't afford to take the hit on the wages....."

Couldn't agree more. Painfully light up front and we loan out the person intended to be our main striker, to a rival. Not pulled up any trees in a while, but if we don't bring someone in, it looks really worrying. 

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Good news imo that he’s gone back to the Wendies. He’s not got any future here, and we don’t need any more players who aren’t contributing needing payment. Keeping him off the wage bill as planned is excellent news, especially after this weeks events.

He has a future here as we just gave him a year extension - I assume to maintain his value 

interesting that he could be playing for a team in direct competition for a relegation spot - I’d Derby were relegated his pay would go down whilst sheff Wednesday could stay up 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He has a future here as we just gave him a year extension - I assume to maintain his value 

interesting that he could be playing for a team in direct competition for a relegation spot - I’d Derby were relegated his pay would go down whilst sheff Wednesday could stay up 

The contract extension was a very odd one, will have to wait until summer to see what happens next.

Looks like Marriott could have some record this season though. It’s looking a strong possibility that he will have played some part in the relegation of two clubs in one season!

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

The contract extension was a very odd one, will have to wait until summer to see what happens next.

Looks like Marriott could have some record this season though. It’s looking a strong possibility that he will have played some part in the relegation of two clubs in one season!

If we go down we can sell him or use him in league one - sensible really 

7 hours ago, AGR said:

I wonder if in the history of football there's ever been an instance where a club loans a £4m striker to a team one place above them in a tight relegation battle. It just sums up how we've been ran the last few years. For the record, I'd like to see Marriott given another chance but can understand loaning him if we're skint.

I think if Lampard didn't take the Chelsea job when he did, he would never have got it if they'd had a chance to analyse his permanent signings at Derby. £9m for Jack and Waghorn is some of our worst business in recent memory.

I think it's marvellous plan as it's Marriott who we are talking about!

Problem is, they have seen through it and do not play him. 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Good news imo that he’s gone back to the Wendies. He’s not got any future here, and we don’t need any more players who aren’t contributing needing payment. Keeping him off the wage bill as planned is excellent news, especially after this weeks events.

Who do we play up front then if the 35 yr old we keep sticking up there stops moving.

I think it could be that having him around not being first choice/playing regularly is detrimental to the dressing room. He could be a bit of a negative minded player and a bit of a moaner, which is the wrong type of player to have around.

29 minutes ago, Shang said:

I think it could be that having him around not being first choice/playing regularly is detrimental to the dressing room. He could be a bit of a negative minded player and a bit of a moaner, which is the wrong type of player to have around.

Are you still describing Marriott? Or are you trying to make this another Martin thread?

Archived