When was the last time we had a team which is worst than this one?

ziggyram59

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on which way you are measuring the side. 
If it is Individual quality then this is no where near our worst side in fact not even close there is so much quality. 

However, if we are talking about the ability to play as an effective team, then this is one of the worst ‘teams’ I’ve ever seen since the early 80’s when I started watching the Rams. 

As a team, and the style of play it was close under Pearson (I thought we would not see worse than that Burton Albion away performance in many, many years) but we have hit worse under Cocu and his team. So it has to be 07/08 team...in terms of at this level the second tier i think we are looking back to the 90's

24 minutes ago, England Ram said:

It depends on which way you are measuring the side. 
If it is Individual quality then this is no where near our worst side in fact not even close there is so much quality. 

However, if we are talking about the ability to play as an effective team, then this is one of the worst ‘teams’ I’ve ever seen since the early 80’s when I started watching the Rams. 

Hmmmmm, individual quality wise I think we’re going back a decade since it was this bad. Second half of 10/11. 

2 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

As a team, and the style of play it was close under Pearson (I thought we would not see worse than that Burton Albion away performance in many, many years) but we have hit worse under Cocu and his team. So it has to be 07/08 team...in terms of at this level the second tier i think we are looking back to the 90's

See, this is where I don’t agree. There is an idea under Cocu that isn’t working. There are clear ideas that the players are executing. It just isn’t working.

It was an utter mess under Pearson. Bryson at holding mid with Butterfield right-wing haunts me to this day. Ince not knowing whether to press or stay despite Pearson being a few yards away and literally talking to him. 

41 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We’ve had loads of worse teams.

nobody remember the John Newman era?

or the 11 pointers.

John Newman was that after Colin Addison? Pretty poor team. I’m trying to think now from our relegation from Division 1 it went Colin Addison, John Newman, Peter Taylor, Roy McFarland, Arthur Cox. The turn came in league 3 with Arthur Cox things were good after that.

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

In 50 years of supporting the rams I don't think I have seen a worse team than this, the style of football is negative, we've hardly scored any goals and once we have conceded 1 goal never look like equalising. 

Behave now, the 11 point side you became resigned after a while that they would lose every game, there was some form of internal acceptance from the players too that it was inevitable it would be another defeat at quarter to 5. 

The 02-03 side with Mooney up front was grim. The 05-06 side with Brown at the helm was also grim. Both were much worse than what we are seeing currently.

This group of players is not even bad. But the manager has somehow contrived to get them performing like they were promoted to the Championship from League 1 in some sort of happy accident.

The 11 point banter season. They all tried they just weren't anywhere near premier league ability. So in terms of technical ability its probably one of the worst sides. 

That side probably beats this side though. I could accept that we were rubbish back then

Watching this side is more depressing because its capable of so much more. Most of these players get in top half championship sides. This side is one of the worst to watch along with phil browns where i feel genuinely annoyed watching it. 

I hope we snap out of it but as a club we need a change in culture. Morris & Cocu out is probably just what we need 

Player for player this is a long way away from being our worst side since the millennium. They’re cooking up some of the worst performances but the tiny hope I’m clinging onto is that there are some good players here. Some solid championship players - a few top 6 worthy players and some good youngsters. 

Clough had to play Moxey upfront. 

We’ve had Kevin Poole in net and Holdsworth the assistant manager upfront in my time... though I’m sure Holdsworth was more mobile than Rooney ?

9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

To a man, this is one of the most talented squads we've had for years...

...that's why the way we're playing at the moment is so distressing.

There's another management team out there who could change the fortunes of this club very, very quickly, you'd think. 

Agree completely. This isn't a bad team at all.

Archived