When was the last time we had a team which is worst than this one?

ziggyram59

31 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

on paper it's a pretty strong team. And that's what most fans were saying at the start of the season. But the margins are thin in this league. So if you have a few problems (inexperience, what to do w Rooney, injuries, PC ??) then you can get in a slump. Still think we will finish top half, with a following wind... 

I can supply some of the wind. Brussels variety 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I can second this - I was a Ley Stand season ticket holder at the time and it was a miserable season - we started with a 5-0 hammering at Chelsea and finished with a 3-0 drubbing at mighty Shrewsbury. Relegated with 2 games to spare and were bankrupt! 

I was outside trying to get in when Chelski scored their first, Kerry Dixon I think it was, at one stage I lost count of the score. We were awful that day ?

47 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I watched Southampton. What an exciting team. Great football. Relentless attacking.

Yeah.

But nearly every live tv game I've watched recently I've thought, oh look it is easy to play attacking football and create goal-scoring opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah.

But nearly every live tv game I've watched recently I've thought, oh look it is easy to play attacking football and create goal-scoring opportunities. 

I was beginning to draw the same conclusion. Our football is 15 years late for the ,championship. Question, assuming this takeover occurs, what sort of demands do you thing an incoming manager would make. This season is a goner for me 

I’ve got to say this post is a bit of a puzzle for me, worst team in 50 years?.

Jesus, this team is nowhere near the worst team we’ve had, not even close, what’s missing is someone to get the best out of a talented group of players, that’s what’s wrong.

This Manager is a different story, the stick with Cocu crowd are a bit quiet now, I’ve not seen anything in his time here to suggest he’s got a style of play that’s going to work. 

Nice guy but sometimes Nice guys finish last and whilst it’s sad to see a Manager go because ultimately it means we aren’t doing well, he has to go and quick otherwise we are in the thick stuff.

People coming back and saying “ Well who do you bring in “ I say we have to let him go, stick Wassall in temporary if we have to and then see who’s interested. I know who I’d like but that’s a whole different conversation. 

To be where we are is an absolute disgrace,  personally whilst MM has put money in and tried I think he’s ruined us. We’ve lost a bit of class in how we behave as a club, getting involved in spats with EFL, Sky and clearly have riled other clubs in our behaviour. He talks of a Derby way, still nothing sure what that is but I guess the most common and sensible explanation of that would be that it’s to simply not fulfil potential and fall short.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Question, assuming this takeover occurs, what sort of demands do you thing an incoming manager would make. This season is a goner for me 

Season can't be a goner yet, we can easily be relegated.

Well I guess it depends who(if) the incoming manager is, but you'd think they'd want more firepower at least. I still wonder if a manager that can make the best of what there is, rather than make what there is fit a box, oh you know round pegs in round holes, can make something of this squad.

Marshall - yes indeed

Byrne/Wisdom - okay

Davies/Wisdom - okay

Clarke - good

Buchanan - potential

Knight - good

Bielik - potential

Sibley - potential/good

Shinnie - good at times

Joz - good

Ibe - good?

Lawrence - hmmm maybe, but should be good

Waghorn - okay

Bird - okay

Rooney - yeah

I dunno I've forgotten some, I'm a glass or two down, why on earth could a good manager not get something from them. Plus there's still some 'possibles' in the U23 (Duncan/Trialist/Stretton/Whitakker).

I just don't get what's gone so wrong. Well I do Cocu is the wrong manager for us. #simples

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

RoyMac5:  surely Byrne is better than ok. And isn't Holmes worth a big mention ? 

Byrne is okay, might edge towards good in a settled 4. Difficult to tell based on recent performances. Wait until Ebosele is fit! ?

'Fraid I've never thought Holmes is up to much, bit of pace and some aggression (not much recently), often missing and not much in tracking back - and anyway he wants to play in the middle of midfield which ain't gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

'Fraid I've never thought Holmes is up to much, bit of pace and some aggression (not much recently), often missing and not much in tracking back - and anyway he wants to play in the middle of midfield which ain't gonna happen.

He looked really promising at times under Lampard and scored a couple last season in a decent patch but he's never really kicked on

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

He looked really promising at times under Lampard and scored a couple last season in a decent patch but he's never really kicked on

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Byrne is okay, might edge towards good in a settled 4. Difficult to tell based on recent performances. Wait until Ebosele is fit! ?

10 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Holmes had some great games last season. He has loads of energy when he's fit. PC has them all passing sideways and backwards. Not Holmes - he turns beautifully, dribbles well, takes a great line toward the defence and lays off without giving the ball away. Unlike many of them (eg Tom) he makes good decisions most of the time. He's clearly not recovered from his injury and he was unsettled by being asked to play on the left at times last season. He would literally be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. WHEN HE'S FIT

The seasons after relegation.

2002/3 was woeful, but 2008/9 was beyond words. That team was so devoid of confidence that I can just remember so many attempted passes going to the opposition or out for throws, with Savage as guilty as anyone.

Until we beat Norwich at home in April I genuinely thought we were going down. 

28 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The complete lack of a centre forward is what’s wrong with this team. It’s ok letting Martin and Marriott go, if you replace them. We ended up with Colin Kazim-Richards.

CKR might actually do okay if he started... But then where would Wazza fit in? 

Archived