When was the last time we had a team which is worst than this one?

ziggyram59

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

07/08... but at least that team was in the Prem. Things were almost this bad under Pearson, but we got rid a bit quicker. If things carry on like this, there is no doubt this is one of, if not the, worst team we’ve ever had.

I think we were probably worse under Pearson performance wise and probably in 08/09 with Jewell in the championship.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think we were probably worse under Pearson performance wise and probably in 08/09 with Jewell in the championship.

I’d say this on par with Pearson to be honest, but it’s been going on longer. Can’t really remember Jewell in the championship, but I’m sure it wasn’t great 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I’d say this on par with Pearson to be honest, but it’s been going on longer. Can’t really remember Jewell in the championship, but I’m sure it wasn’t great 

The difference I'd say this season is that there have been several games where you could think "should have won that". That wasn't true under Pearson.......

To a man, this is one of the most talented squads we've had for years...

...that's why the way we're playing at the moment is so distressing.

There's another management team out there who could change the fortunes of this club very, very quickly, you'd think. 

Just now, brady1993 said:

The difference I'd say this season is that there have been several games where you could think "should have won that". That wasn't true under Pearson.......

We should have beat Brighton first game and hit the post three times against Ipswich in a 1-0 defeat.  We played as badly as we are now in only one game under Pearson - away at Burton

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Im not so sure myself. Cardiff and Forest maybe. Pretty much every other game we’ve throughly deserved to lose. Including the Norwich game.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

To a man, this is one of the most talented squads we've had for years...

...that's why the way we're playing at the moment is so distressing.

There's another management team out there who could change the fortunes of this club very, very quickly, you'd think. 

Generally agree but I think the lack of a target man severely hinders our forward efforts, and another centre half wouldn’t go amiss.

I'd go with 08/09, rather than te 11pts team, the prem team mostly tried but were just too rubbish.

But the players available for the 08/09 campaign should've been a lot better than they actually were playing. 09/10 we were also pretty bad, and 10/11 after they all got injured we were pretty awful.

The current team is capable of performing at "unremarkable championship side" levels I am sure.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

07/08... but at least that team was in the Prem. Things were almost this bad under Pearson, but we got rid a bit quicker. If things carry on like this, there is no doubt this is one of, if not the, worst team we’ve ever had.

The Pearson side were a lot worse, for a start the current side can pass the ball...

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Generally agree but I think the lack of a target man severely hinders out forward efforts, and another centre half wouldn’t go amiss.

And a left winger.

Archived