When was the last time we had a team which is worst than this one?

ziggyram59

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The games I've seen, we have pushed teams back but messed around in the final part just before the opposition penalty area so chances are gone. They then catch us out with a goal and that's our undoing. Need a 'flair' player or two that can run at a defence and actually beat a man rather than our players just fannying around to no avail. Worst team, probably the season when we went down to the old 3rd division.

1 minute ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

It’s full of accomplished championship players and exciting young players 

Let’s hope the new manager can change things. To me we look slow, ponderous, lethargic and lacking energy.....maybe it’s a confidence thing....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let’s hope the new manager can change things. To me we look slow, ponderous, lethargic and lacking energy.....maybe it’s a confidence thing....

Looks to me like the players have thrown the towel in.  As others have said, there are some decent players on our books but they are not being organised or motivated in such a way that enables them to perform at their best.

Obviously that hints at shortcomings in terms of coaching and management, but I feel that the players should take a look at themselves too.

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Obviously that hints at shortcomings in terms of coaching and management, but I feel that the players should take a look at themselves too.

If the players can do it all for themselves we can save a load of dosh not having a manager?! ?

Pearsons squad on paper was much better than this squad easily.... I think Pearson tried to change things to quick and the players refused in a way. Jewells championship squad wasn't bad either.... Commons, Hulse, Barazite, Green etc... all decent players. Again i think it was down to the management and probably the players... vast improvement when Clough came in with the same squad.... same under Mac when Pearson left...

on paper it's a pretty strong team. And that's what most fans were saying at the start of the season. But the margins are thin in this league. So if you have a few problems (inexperience, what to do w Rooney, injuries, PC ??) then you can get in a slump. Still think we will finish top half, with a following wind... 

6 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

1983 to 1984. 
As bad as this season - we were eventually relegated to what is now League One. 

I can second this - I was a Ley Stand season ticket holder at the time and it was a miserable season - we started with a 5-0 hammering at Chelsea and finished with a 3-0 drubbing at mighty Shrewsbury. Relegated with 2 games to spare and were bankrupt! 

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I watched Southampton. What an exciting team. Great football. Relentless attacking.

Archived