Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

3 minutes ago, Shang said:

I think the reason why Wisdom is in for Davies is that he's a lot better at progressive passing. He's got a decent long range ball and is good at passing the ball through the lines.

I agree with this and it was my initial thought too. A bit harsh on CD as he's been one of our more consistent performers. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Lets hope covid screwing Bristol City's pre match prep helps us come away with a decent result. Our bench makes me sad, other than Sibley there's nobody I'd have faith in to come on and turn in a match winning performance. Whittaker looks better than last season but he isn't going to come off the bench and put their left back to the sword. I hope the new manager bounce means we'll get the win but i'm struggling to be optimistic looking at the selection.

Ibe is looking like a car crash of a signing, as is CZR, as is MtW. Jozwiak always seems to come back from international duty with ailments. Its all good though because our academy wins matches.

Can you please give Jozwiak his correct acronym.. it’s JzK BTW ?

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Remember when we played 4-3-3 with De Sart as the holding midfielder? Think we could see the same thing happen with Bird if we're not careful. I like to see Bird in the side but, for me, he should be sat with a Shinnie or Bielik type. 

I disagree he's fair more physically developed, positionally clever and harder to bully than De Sart was. 

Also last season he had one of the highest % of duels won last season.

image.png.e0b5171fd00184e7bf32677a436daaeb.png

To be honest I'm kinda glad we've took Shinnie out of that deep position as I think he causes more issues than he solves because he just doesn't move into space or look for the ball.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Can’t complain about the team if Bielik and Joz are not fit, other than Holmes who has been very poor this year. Would prefer Sibley personally. Glad to see Bird back; he will be a proper player for us this season (and hopefully more). I was really looking forward to seeing Martin v Davies in a foot race too. Ah well, hopefully Wiz will take him out early doors.

? Davies by five yards easy!

Just now, Topram said:

Thought that Bristol city fan was crying like they were going to have 5 players? They are unchanged 

Yes, I was a bit puzzled by that. Read a transcript of the manager's interview in which he indicated there were several first choice players unavailable then he names an unchanged team.

Let's hope their bench is fragile, as we have the option of five pairs of fresh legs.

I’m a little sceptical as it seems like Rooney has dropped Shinnie and taken his place. I expect he’s reclaiming the deep role as it’s the only role he can play effectively.

I was hoping Rooney becoming Caretaker would force him to put the teams needs ahead of his own desire to play. It’s a little disappointing but let’s see how we play.

Archived