Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

It is to fir Rooney in the team. He is a complete liability when they have the ball though and Knight is having to leave chair (choose your pun) behind him as there is no pressure on their DCM.

Our passing has been poor and Lawrence is either pished off or not fit. 

I want us to bring Sibley on but I have too many candidates for him to replace. 

I think Lawrence and to a lesser extent Jozwiak are having more of a problem because they are having to start wider combined with trying to make do with scraps coming from midfield. 

I agree about Sibley coming on and I agree there are several who could come off. Personally I'd take Rooney because a lot of the tactical problems are stemming from there.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

We'll be fine when we have a fully fit squad and the manager has time to get his ideas across. QPR are one of the greatest sides ever.  We're having the best pf the possession. 

Nonsense. Put the crack pipe down. Nobody EVER has a fully fit squad! 

oh, just spotted the line about QPR. Crack on. ? 

Personnel clearly not working.

Knight and Shinnie offer lots of industry but not much playmaking, Curtis is solid but limited, Rooney is talented on the ball but a liability off it.

Would like to see Sibley and Bird on, or even just have Knight and Rooney swap positions. Need a playmaker next to Shinnie and energy near Waghorn.

Really, really need to see an improvement this half, we’ve got it in us but nothing is clicking.

Hope the new owners come in and get rid of Cocu. Yes he may be nice but he’s a crap manager.

this team is nowhere near a top championship side - needs another 20 million adding.

people saying “I hope we’re saving our good performance for the second half” shouldn’t we be putting in 90 minute performances at this stage in the season? Judge a manager/team after 10 games and on this viewing I’m worried. What kind of project is this? A backwards project? 

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Wasn't Nigel Pearson's league record W1 D5 L5 when we sacked him? Getting pretty close to that now. 

I thought Pearson was sacked for off field reasons not the football. McLaren was sacked for poor form and performances on his second spell.

Beyond me how you justify keeping Cocu on. Those players are capable of more, that’s his problem. The inexplicable chopping and changing of formation may well be Rooney inspired but even so, he should be able to muster something that looks better than this. 

Those players don’t want him here, he needs to be gone before we’re in a irrecoverable position. 

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We will go a goal down and bring on defensive subs at 63 minutes.

Not just Rooney for me. Backpassing masterclass. We have half the pace of QPR. No real desire to win the game. Cocu out on day after takeover please 

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

Every time we have a chance to attack them, we just pass it backwards! WHY!?

Get Cocu Out. Been saying it since last season

It's a couple reasons: lack of pace at left back to stretch that wing, Rooneys lack of mobility and Shinnie not being able to adequately get on the ball.

Archived