Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I for one thank you for posting the information, firstly so I know what was being talked about and secondly I could therefore have my opinion around if there was any truth in it. I could easily see you were only posting what you had seen on Twitter.

Unfortunately, there are always some that will make you think twice about doing it again ?

Cheers mate! That’s all I was doing. Seems some always look for conspiracies ?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Mel borrowed the money to buy the Stadium from that Henry Gabay, there was an article in the Athletic, see below 

Derby County’s owner Mel Morris has received loans from a company linked to Henry Gabay, the businessman who was detained in France last week and faces German extradition charges in connection to an unrelated tax scandal, The Athletic can reveal.

It was stated that the takeover would be completed before Christmas so I’m taking their word as being factual. Let’s be honest Mel is a fan and wouldn’t have it said if it wasn’t true. 
Therefore I for one am prepared to wait another 331 days. 

46 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I thought that Mel borrowed the money to buy the Stadium from that Henry Gabay, there was an article in the Athletic, see below 

Derby County’s owner Mel Morris has received loans from a company linked to Henry Gabay, the businessman who was detained in France last week and faces German extradition charges in connection to an unrelated tax scandal, The Athletic can reveal.

Sure but the loans still need to be repaid and the club is not generating the cash so I think it falls to MM - all part of his investment 

6 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

What if Mel is actually playing a blinder?

We all know that this is the worst transfer window for making signings that are cheap enough and good enough for any club, let alone ours that has been ripped off for many a season.  We are now getting to movement time - the last four days - when all/most of the deals are done and prices shift, mostly in the favour of the selling clubs that don’t have to sell.  What better time for the football world - clubs, agents, players, authorities - to know that we are broke, about to enter administration, that our owner doesn’t care any more, has run out of money and may not be too well, and that we are still 48 hours away from selling to a dodgy overseas person with a track record and no money? No point in trying to sell us a player worth £1m for £2m because we can’t afford it. In fact all we can afford is £750k.

What if the deal has actually been done, signed and money transferred, but not announced? Or what if Mel has already pulled out and is seeking new investment elsewhere but is going to carry on in the meantime?

If we were to announce the Sheikh before Monday evening, prices and wages for players - loan and purchase - could rocket; if Mel is back in financial charge we’ve already seen prices rocket in past years.  What if Mel is fed up with being ripped off?

There are only a very few people on the planet (+ advisors) that know what is really happening.  The rest of us are guessing.  The players don’t know, as it would have leaked by now; the staff don’t either - ditto.  But it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that Mel (or the sheikh) is using Sky, Percy, the EFL and all the rest of them to put out the message that we’re struggling to get the deal over the line, that we’re broke, that we’re about to go into administration, because he wants to reset the external view of us as a club with loads of money and that he doesn’t want to overpay in the transfer window, this one or future ones, that he wants to reset wages and reduce costs. Short term PR pain for longer term gain.

This is, after all, the worst possible month for everyone to know that we have money to spend and the worst possible time in that month.

I think you’ve been watching too many films lol...let’s not pay the players either !! because that will have any players on our radar just chomping at the bit to come here lol....do you really think this is being done on purpose so we can save a few bob on what will probably be loan signings ?

I think many are looking this whole saga from the wrong point of view. As Mel is desperate to sell, club might be on the verge of administration and without crowds, no income is guaranteed.

If you were to invest money, why buy now? I know it's the Derby way, buy expensive and sell cheap, but most of the business doesn't work like that. 

I surely understand why they are willing to postpone the takeover.

46 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I think many are looking this whole saga from the wrong point of view. As Mel is desperate to sell, club might be on the verge of administration and without crowds, no income is guaranteed.

If you were to invest money, why buy now? I know it's the Derby way, buy expensive and sell cheap, but most of the business doesn't work like that. 

I surely understand why they are willing to postpone the takeover.

But administration would result in points deduction and relegation? 

31 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

And a supercheap club with a huge potential. 

I can see a good businessman seeing a nice restaurant in some financial difficulties waiting for the right time to strike to get the best price.... 

But surely waiting for administration is akin to putting rats in the kitchen anonymously phoning the health inspector and then torching the entire place to the ground the day the story hits the local press? 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

But administration would result in points deduction and relegation? 

MM is trapped in a game of poker where everyone can see his cards 

Everyone knows he’s burning cash and that he’s a fan so administration would be shame and failure - I don’t think he’ll let it happen

If buyers wait they get better insight into the covid outlook. And as he gets increasingly desperate the price only goes south 

Looks like the only thing that saves him is competitive tension between bidders 

Hopefully Mel is lumbered with the club, sweats it out and then in four years, commentators mention how “close” we were to “the brink” during all of our Champions League games, whilst zooming in on a smug Mel pouting next to a smug SMac in the stands. Meanwhile, BZI group have promised Blyth Spartans that they sent the takeover funds last week. 

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Because they are 'ITK'... Or not... ?

I prefer Barrytheram:

• Ince and Phil Jones were set to join on the Monday just gone
  • Bournemouth are chasing Bielik
  • Knight is up for sale
  • The takeover was going to go through once the EFL's appeal verdict was announced (posted early December)
  • Allardyce was going to be our manager in November, etc...

42 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I can see a good businessman seeing a nice restaurant in some financial difficulties waiting for the right time to strike to get the best price.... 

But surely waiting for administration is akin to putting rats in the kitchen anonymously phoning the health inspector and then torching the entire place to the ground the day the story hits the local press? 

Torching the restaurant is also called as a "forest way"... ???

Administration is a threat and opportunity at the same time, could go both ways. But if the new owners would be ready to put some serious money in afterwards, I'm sure it would be cheaper option than buy the club with full price at the moment.

Archived