Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Yes but surely he knew this when he bought the club, he'd need to put in place contingencies to free up cash for wages, signings etc?

Fancy him not forecasting Covid-19, The man should have employed Mystic Meg, She'd have seen it coming.Make It Rain Reaction GIF

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

According to our chief exec, they were having conversations twice a day with sheikh? what about? He also agreed to Rooney deal as manager and running club 'in tandem.' What a crazy situation this is!

Maybe the Nov heads of terms says there will be consultation on material decisions. If so,  the club would be very keen to run everything by BZG so that they can’t allege there’s been a breach of the obligation to consult 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Maybe the Nov heads of terms says there will be consultation on material decisions. If so,  the club would be very keen to run everything by BZG so that they can’t allege there’s been a breach of the obligation to consult 

There was most probably a heads of agreement to consult during the negotiations but my impression was that everything  was agreed and only payment outstanding. If I remember correctly we were told that the payment had even been transmitted.

4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I’d be very surprised if Mel a huge amount of cash lying around. Like most wealthy businessmen most of his assets will be tied up, and his net worth is the sum of those assets (Shares in companies....

I wonder if he's gone deep on Game Stop? ?

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

There was most probably a heads of agreement to consult during the negotiations but my impression was that everything  was agreed and only payment outstanding. If I remember correctly we were told that the payment had even been transmitted.

If I recall, we were never told that the definitive contract was signed. We were told that terms were agreed and that the closing conditions were satisfied.  Maybe  the club thought definitive contracts would be exchanged when the cash arrived at the lawyers. 
Nor do we know whether the cash was in fact sent by BZG to the lawyers though we assume it was not. The only thing we really know for sure is the cash was not sent on to MM/the club   ? 

56 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Surely the continued silence can only mean that Mel is being told something realistic enough for him to give more time for completion or that another deal is close and needs a bit more time. If not surely we would be told the deal is dead and we are slogging on or whatever.

Why though?  We weren’t told when discussions first began so it’s unlikely that we’re going to get a running commentary now. The deal might be dead, there might be another investor being sought through BZG, Mel may be starting again or the deal might have completed and they’re waiting until Monday is out of the way.  The silence in itself means nothing other than there’s nothing that Mel wants to tell us at this stage.

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

Why though?  We weren’t told when discussions first began so it’s unlikely that we’re going to get a running commentary now. The deal might be dead, there might be another investor being sought through BZG, Mel may be starting again or the deal might have completed and they’re waiting until Monday is out of the way.  The silence in itself means nothing other than there’s nothing that Mel wants to tell us at this stage.

Not so sure. For a decent man, which Mel is, there is quite a lot of pressure to protect the club and keep the fans onside. I don't think he would be silent just because he he can. 

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not so sure. For a decent man, which Mel is, there is quite a lot of pressure to protect the club and keep the fans onside. I don't think he would be silent just because he he can. 

Agree, I think that if the BZG deal was definitely dead and if he didn’t have another deal that was close, MM would tell us the position.  It would reduce the frenzy and make it easier for everyone to focus on the pitch. 

55 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Agree, I think that if the BZG deal was definitely dead and if he didn’t have another deal that was close, MM would tell us the position.  It would reduce the frenzy and make it easier for everyone to focus on the pitch. 

I'm convinced January wages being paid means this is dead and Mel's sorted the interim finance - probably don't want to say it's actually dead until the window is shut other wise players won't want to come in and conceivably some would want out and vultures would circle closer.

10 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Sometimes get confused with middle east countries but reading Newcastle take over may be back on, could that be why Derby one stalling.

Well we are a great club. But if you were advising the sheikh what to buy, wouldn’t you tell him to head back to Tyneside? Talk about a sleeping giant.  Will be so disappointing if that happens 

Archived